Chapter 11

Juliana's POV

I am furious I can't believe he thought he could use Gabbe to make me jealous! He let her kiss him and then he had the balls to kiss me right after! Is he being serious? I mean sure he kissed me in front of everyone, but the only reason he even showed up in the first place was because of Michael.

"Hey are you ok?" Michael asks.

""I'm fine."

"Juliana you're shaking you're obviously not fine."

"Ok Michael I'm pissed. Are you happy?" I snap at him.

"I'm sorry."

"No I'm sorry I shouldn't have snapped at you." I say and we sit in silence. A bike roars past us and my eyes immediately snap up to the window. It was Ashton I know that for a fact.

"Juliana you really should talk to him about all this."

"Why?"

"Well for one he risked a lot."

"Wait, are you sticking up for him?" I'm appalled.

"As much as I want to say no I can't because in a way I am."

"Why? Michael he was going to fight you and you saw what happened on the dance floor!"

"I did see what happened, I saw Ashton kiss you in front of a good majority of the school. For him well that's a big deal."

"Yea well he kissed her first." I pout picking at the hem of my dress.

"Juliana she kissed him and you know it."

"Whatever he still let it happen."

"Juliana just talk to him."

"Can we please just drop the subject? You won't win and you know it... Can you just take me home or back to your place? I'd be much happier there." I say.

"For now yes I will drop the subject, and let's go back to my house mom will like that." He says and I'm thankful he let it go.

***

I've gone all week without speaking to Ashton, and I don't plan on changing that. Taylor has finally stopped asking me questions about homecoming. I have this empty feeling inside of me that I know is due to the fact that I haven't seen Ashton after school all week, but he hurt me and I really don't want anything to do with him right now.

"Juliana I'd let you be my partner again in bio but Joey is back from his vacation." Luke says apologetically.

"No Luke it's fine I can't avoid him forever."

***

I didn't see Ashton at lunch so I was hoping that he wasn't here today. That was too good to be true for he walked through the door just as the bell rang just like always. He's wearing his leather biking jacket that I love so much, and he smells like cigarettes and peppermint gum just like always. I miss having that smell be a part of who I am.

"Wow you're actually going to sit with me today?" He asks.

"Yes but only because I really have no other choice."

"Ouch. I said I was sorry. Didn't you read my texts?"

"I did and I appreciate the apology but I don't accept it." I shrug.

We start taking down the notes we need before we start today's lab and I reuse to continue talking to him. He keeps looking over at me and I can feel his eyes wandering. His hand brushes my skirt and I'm pretty sure it's an accident because he's looking down at his notebook. I ignore him, but a few seconds later his hand is up my skirt. I look over at him my eyes wide and he winks at me. I push his hand away.