chapter six

Sam, Evie, and Dean get to the cannery they agreed to meet Bobby and Rufus at. Sam didn't want to bring Evie, but she refused to be alone and gave him puppy eyes. He relented and brought her along under the condition that she doesn't leave his side and if things go bad, she runs back to the Impala and gets in.

They get out of the car, reaching the two older men halfway, and Sam is holding Evie's hand.

"Well, look what the cat dragged in." Dean says.

"It really is good to see you, Rufus." Sam says.

"I can believe it. It must get old dealing with this miserable cuss here all by yourself." Rufus says.

"Is it that obvious?" Sam asks.

"Why don't you three get a room?" Bobby asks and the other three chuckle.

"All right, we all pack a snack?" Dean asks.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"There's food?" Evie asks.

"You do have some food for later, yes." Sam assures, having packed a couple of granola bars and Rice Krispie treats for when she gets hungry later.

"Let's see what we can see." Dean says.

They walk inside. They quietly walk around before getting in an elevator and going to another floor. They walk out and resume scouring the place out.

There's a clanging making the brothers pull their guns out and Sam has Evie had behind Bobby. The door opens and a woman walks out.

"Gwen?" Dean asks.

"Dean." Gwen says.

Dean sees somebody walk towards the door and recognizes him as he pulls his own gun out. Dean storms into the room, Sam quickly following, Rufus and Bobby following after.

"Welcome to next time." Dean states, aiming the gun at the older man's head. Bobby picks Evie up and she watches the interference between her uncle and the man she doesn't know.

"No, no, no, no! Hold on!" Sam exclaims, lowering Dean's arm.

"I said I'd kill him!" Dean shouts.

"Look, just a second." Sam tells his brother.

"I take it you know each other." Rufus says.

"He's our grandfather." Dean informs.

"Oh. Somebody needs a hug." Rufus sarcastically says.

"Why are you here?" Bobby asks.

"We're working. You?" Samuel asks. Evie has heard about him from hearing snippets of Sam and Dean talking and she remembers Sam mentioning him when she first saw him at Lisa's.

"None of your damn business!" Dean yells.

"Sam, take Dean for a walk." Bobby says.

"You got to be kidding me." Dean says.

"Look, Dean, it's fine." Sam says.