chapter nineteen

They're in the motel with Garth since he called them for help on a case. Garth is working on an EMF reader while Dean is sitting on the couch, Sam is sitting at the table, and Evie is at the counter in the kitchen area, eating a sandwich.

"There's a million things with claws that go bump in the night." Dean says. "once you throw in invisible, the number goes down." He picks up a motel card. ""Afternoon Delights"? Really, Garth? Don't you think this place is a little, uh..."

"Uh, you want a nice hot tub after a day at the office. It's the little things." Garth states. "I feel sad for those brewery dudes. Spend your life beautifying the world through beer. First a partner offs himself. Now two kids get ganked by unknown freakdeek."

"Freekadeek." Evie says and the three look at her. "It sounded fun to say." She defends herself. Sam fondly smiles before going back to the laptop.

"According to this, Dale wasn't just a partner. He was also a brewmaster." Sam states.

"Brewmaster?" Dean asks.

"He was widely considered a genius." Sam declares.

"All right, that's it." Dean gets up. "No microbrew is worth..." He puts the flask on the counter near Garth causing the EMF to go off. "What was it-- eight Food Magazine awards?" He gets beer out of the fridge and gives Garth the other two guys a bottle each. "Beer's not food. It's... whatever water is."

"Water's healthy, though." Evie says.

"Shhh." Dean shushes her, placing his hand over her face, reading the label of his beer. "Hmm. Thighslapper." He takes a drink, taking his hand off Evie's face. "Wow, that's actually awesome. Damn it, I'm not even mad anymore."

The three Winchesters was as Garth downs the entire bottle before belching.

"Wow. Party on, Garth." Dean mutters.

"I don't even usually drink beer. It messes with my depth perception." Garth says before belching and hiccupping. "Especially when I skinny dip. Hey, do you guys want to hear a joke?"

"Listen to this." Sam says, diverting the attention to him. "This is something interesting." Garth laughs. "Garth, are you drunk?"

"Dude, I just... drank a whole beer. Of course I'm drunk." Garth says before belching a third time.

"Something interesting?" Dean asks his brother.

"Right. Uh..."

"Hey, can I have some more Thighslapper?" Garth asks.

"No." The brothers answer.

"Coffee for you, Tara Reid." Dean states.

"Coffee with kalhua in it?" Garth asks.

"So, it says that Dale actually left the company two weeks before he died. Or... maybe he got pushed out cause he didn't want to sell. I mean, Baxter said the deal's been in the works for months." Sam states.

"That would explain the window. She's suing. Maybe Dale had a bone to pick, and he's still picking it." Dean says.

"Right. So, maybe he's a spirito malo." Garth says.