chapter fifty-two

Evie walks into the kitchen, rubbing her eyes out of tiredness. She's only awake now because she heard noise and talking. She looks up seeing her dad, uncle, and a man she doesn't know standing there.

"Who's the dude in rainbow suspenders?" Evie mumbles. Her eyes drift to the table and see all the treats. "Who made all of that?"

"I did." The guy answers making Evie look back at him. "Hi, I'm Sully. You must be Sam's kid, Evie. It's so great to meet you." He grins, shaking her hand and bringing her in for a hug.

"Wha-- how do you know about her?" Sam asks, confused.

Before Sully can say anything, Dean speaks up.

"I'm gonna get my gun." He starts to leave, but Sully stops him making him turn back, putting his hands up like he's about to fight.

"No, please. Someone killed my friend." He tells them, stepping back near Sam.

"You mean your imaginary imaginary friend?" Dean asks.

"What?" Evie asks.

"Evie, Sully was my imaginary friend when I was a kid." Sam informs.

"First off, "imaginary friend" is more of a descriptive term. How you just said it? That was a little... offensive, just to be honest. Secondly, we're Zanna. Me and... me and the victim, we're Zanna. We help kids. We're the good guys. Sam, tell them." Sully says.

Yeah, okay. Um... you know what, I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole you being real thing." Sam says.

"Aww! Yeah, no, no, of course. No, that's okay, that's okay. This is all really unexpected." Sully says.

"Yeah, that's one word for it." Dean mutters.

"Just... I need your help. You're hunters, that's what you do, right? I mean, you help people too." Sully says.

"Yeah, yeah. People. You are not that." Dean states.

"Dean, come on." Sam says.

"Come on? Are you kidding? Look... this... mother... you and me, library, right now. Come on." Dean orders his brother. Sam leaves and Dean starts to leave. Sully starts to follow, but Dean turns to him, yelling out making him stop.

"Aah! Yeah, no, I'll just stay here. Coolio." Sully smiles.

"Do not interact. Go back to your room." Dean tells his niece before leaving.

"Marshmallow nachos?" Evie asks in slight disbelief.

"They're amazing. You wanna try some?" Sully excitedly asks.

Evie debates for a few moments before nodding and rushing to the table, Sully right behind her.

Soon, Sam and Dean return to inform Sully that they'll help him, only to find Sully and Evie devouring all the food on the table.

"What the hell?!" Dean loudly asks, making both stop and look at him. "I told you to go back to your room." He looks at Evie.