CHAPTER 9

We get to an African boutique. I didn’t come here willingly, these idiots dragged me here. I am with Sange, Seipati and Salizwa. They said I need a dress for amalobolo and umembeso. Even though my in-laws will buy a dress for me, they said I should show the in-laws what I am made of. We go inside and Sange does the talking. We are offered seats and we sit down.

“I think a flare dress will do since you chose to take all the Italian genes.” Sange states and we all laugh. I know she is dissing my flat ass.
“Fusegi.”
“But nawe boss did you have to take your grandpa’s skin colour, shape and even look? You are just his splitting image.” Seipati says.
“But in a good way though because Ty was hot and a panty dropper even in his late sixties.” Sange. The store consultant comes back with 3 dresses.

“We have one beige mermaid gown with short sleeves. There is also a floral long-sleeved bodycon dress and lastly there is navy sishweshwe dress with a peplum.” She explains.

“I am voting out the bodycon dress. You see miss, our boss here has a white woman’s body. In fact she is white but she speaks and understands most South African official languages.” Sange states and I just roll my eyes. I stand up.

“Please lead me to the fitting room.” the shop assistant smiles. She takes the dresses and leads me to the fitting room. I fit them all and decide that I am taking all three because I love them. I come out of the fitting room and go pay for the dresses. The big 3 comes to the till.

“Why didn’t you model for us?” Salizwa asks.
“Emabhozeni Salizwa, phuma.” She huffs.
“We came here for nothing then?” she asks again.
“No, we came here for the dresses and we got them. Thanks for dragging me here. Now help me with the bags.” they take my bags and we head out of the shop.

“Let’s go to Zapatos for the heels.” Sange says. We head there and we all buy heels. Even though we wear boots and sneakers most of the time, we do wear heels sometimes. We pay for the heels and we head to Spur. We order and we sit while waiting for the food. “Holy shit, look towards the entrance.” We all turn and look there. A handsome is standing there talking to a waitress.

“Now that’s a sight you don’t get to see every day.” Seipati says while licking her lips. We all laugh and turn back. “Don’t you wanna go and say hi Sange?”

“Not today babes. It’s my day off.” We all laugh at her. The handsome guy comes towards our table. Sange is sitting next to me, so I see her taking a photo of the guy. Few seconds later all his personal information appears on her tablet. She looks at it and I catch the guy’s name. He is Hlumelo Netshiozwi, he is 32 years old and is a divorcee.

“Good day ladies.” He greets with a killer smile and we all greet back except for Sange who is looking at her tablet with a frown in her face. Hlumelo looks at her and I pinch her arm.
“What?” she says turning to look at me. I point at Hlumelo with my eyes. “Ow hey there Mr. how are you? I am Sange by the way.” He smiles.

“I am Hlumelo. I don’t know but something pulled me to your table. I am here for my lunch. Mind if I join you?”
“Not at all. You’re welcome.” Salizwa says. He sits down next to Seipati. Sange closes her tablet and puts it in her bag. “I am Salizwa by the way, this is Seipati and that’s Adriane Thompson.”
“Of Thompson & Partners?” Salizwa nods. “Nice to put a name to the famous Thompson face.” He says with a smile. This guy smiles a lot.

“I wouldn’t really say famous. I am just a business woman.”
“You’re modest. Anyways what do you ladies do? Well I am a radiologist.”
“I am an IT specialist.” Sange.
“I am an accountant.” Salizwa.
“And I am a gangster.” Seipati says and Hlumelo chokes on his saliva. We all laugh. “Just joking. Most guys run to the hills when I tell them that I am a gangster.”
“So it’s a joke?” Hlumelo asks but I can see that he is spooked.

“Not really.” She takes out her gun and put in on the table. “What exactly is it that you want Mr. Radiologist?” Hlumelo clears her throat, I can see that he is getting uncomfortable.
“I just wanted a chance to speak with Sange.”
“Ncooh shame. Relax, I have a bodyguard company so that’s why I own a gun. I am no gangster. Have you ever seen a classy gangster like me?”

“Thando from The Queen.” We all laugh. He loosens up a bit and we engage in a less serious conversation. The waiters bring our food and we dig in.
.
.
I have been torturing Bo for the past 2 weeks and I think it’s time he meets his maker now. I go pick up gran at home and we drive to the warehouse. We get there and head to where Bo is. We find him laying down on the matrass with his hands and legs tied. He looks like a beggar who has been beaten by the community. Isono nje. Beast helps him sit up in a chair next to the matrass. Gran looks at him intensely and takes a chair. She sits down in front of him.

“How does it feel?” Bo doesn’t even raise his head. I am pretty sure he doesn’t have the energy. “How does it feel to know that you took my husband and her grandfather away from us?” Bo mumbles a response. “You are going to have to speak louder than that.”

“Good. It feels good.” He finally speaks out. Gran chuckles. She takes out her pistol.
“This gun has 9 bullets. 2 for your eyes, 1 for your forehead, 1 for your mouth, 1 for your neck and the rest will go to your heart.”
“You can kill me but that won’t bring back Ty.” She smiles.

“You are right it won’t but it will give me closure.” Bo opens his mouth to speak but gran puts a bullet in his right eye. He groans. Gran continues shooting him and he finally takes his last breath. “I will wait for you outside.” She stands and heads out. I take my phone and take a few pictures of Bo. I send them to Sange and tell her to send and encrypted message to the underworld. I also tell her that she must let people know that Bo’s territory now belongs to me.

“Beast you know what to do with the body.” He nods and I head out.
.
.
.
#TheEmpress