CHAPTER 21

The doctors at the medic warehouse are still operating him. He lost a lot of blood and I went in shock when I saw him lose consciousness. Salizwa quickly shot Shreya in the hand to disarm her. She is at the warehouse and I will deal with her when Silu has woken up. I am afraid that I arrived too late and Shreya had already told him about the empress.

Well I gave out an order for the men in Mozambique to finish off Shreya’s family. I don’t want loose ends like Shreya coming after me in a few years. I told gran about Silu and she said she is keeping him in her prayers. I didn’t tell his parents though because they would ask many questions and him being here instead of a normal hospital would raise many suspicions.

The gang is all quiet and seems like they are walking on eggshells. I guess they are too afraid to say anything as they don’t know my exact mood. Gran and mother enter the waiting room where we are seated and they rush to my side. They sit next to me and mother takes me into her arms while gran is brushing my hands.

“Let me deal with her baby.” Gran says and I shake my head.
“I wanna deal with her myself gran and I will do that when Silu is awake.”
“Did she succeed in telling Silungile about The Empress?” mom asks and I nod. “It’s going to be alright baby. If you guys are meant to be, everything will be alright.”

“I doubt mother. I am sure he thinks I don’t trust him.”
“But I did tell you to tell him in time. If you did, then we wouldn’t be here not knowing if the wedding is still on or not. I also think you should tell his parents about this. I would be very pissed if any of you were lying in a hospital and I am unaware of that.”

“But gran…”
“No Adriane. I am going to tell them and I am going to think of a story I am going to come up with. Maybe I will just say this hospital has the best doctors in the world or something like that.” she stands up and heads out.

“She is right Ntando. He needs his family at a time like this and they wouldn’t forgive you if they were to find out that you knew about this and didn’t tell them.”
“Mother them knowing means they are also about to find out that pa killed Silu’s grandparents.”

“They don’t have to know that. But if they find out, then it’s that. But it’s not your fault that dad killed his grandparents. They were thieves and they deserved it.”
“Please don’t say that in the family meeting.” She laughs and I also laugh.
“Relax I won’t.”
--
He gained consciousness a few hours ago. The doctors are busy with him. It has been 4 days since he has been admitted. Gran did handle Silu’s parents and they had less questions but his mother has been praying day and night for his recovery. His older brother is coming tonight. The other one couldn’t come because he got the biggest cooking gig, a chance for a reality show and his parents told him that he should go there, they will update him on Silu’s recovery.

I have been a walking zombie. The only time I come alive is when I head to the warehouse to torture Shreya. On the first day she pissed me off, I ended up stitching her mouth because some of the words that she were saying pierced through my heart. I have been torturing and feeding her drugs so that she doesn’t die. I will kill her once I have talked to Silu. Her death will be determined by the end result of my talk with Silu.

While wallowing in my thoughts, my phone rings. It’s the CEO of Thompson Marketing. I am in my office at the medic warehouse. I am waiting for the doctors to give me a go ahead to see Silu.

“Thompson.”
“Miss Thompson, I am sorry to bother you but we have a crisis that needs your attention. If it wasn’t this important, I wouldn’t have called you.” I sigh.
“When should I come?”
“Now if possible.” I stand up and take my bike keys.

“Just so you know, I am not going to take you disturbing my peace lightly.”
“I know boss.” I hang up and head to the waiting room where my gran and mother is sitting with the Ndaba family.

“You look like you are heading out.” mother says. I huff.
“I have an emergency that I have to attend at TM. They need me. I will be back as soon as I am done.”
“Okay baby. We will update you.” Gran says. I nod and head out.
--
I get to TM and head to the main boardroom. I find most of the staff inside. I take a seat and the CEO stands up.

“We are on the brink of losing the biggest client we have ever got here at TM. A group of employees made an advertisement for them and because they trust TM, they just released it to the public without checking its flaws. It received a very negative response from the public and many people were offended by it. We pleaded that they not sue us, so they gave us until 00:00 tomorrow to correct our wrongs.”

“Which company was it and what was the advertisement about?” I ask.

“Nivea. It was an ad about a cream that removes stretch marks and cellulite. The wording and phrases was too wrong. It was like the ad was saying it’s a crime or a bad thing to have stretch marks, like you are an abomination or you are not normal. The women are furious and they are even saying they will never use any other Nivea product again.” I sigh.

“Who are those employees who created the ad?”
“Miss Ndlala, Miss Pina, Mr. Nzama and Mr. Lira.” The marketing director says.
“How long have they been in this company?”
“For a year now Miss Thompson.” One of the ladies say.

“And you are?”
“Miss Pina.”
“All of you leave, except for Kalu, Mdingwa, Mlungwana and Nowalk.” The others rush out. “We are all not leaving her until we come finish this ad. Get your PAs to order us food and energy drinks because it is going to be a long night.” I say taking off my jacket.
.
.
.
#TheEmpress