CHAPTER 10

Today is supposedly one of the special days for me. It’s the day of ilobolo. I just pray and hope that everything goes well. Nkateko promised me that all will go well but you may never know. We are in his house by the way. I wanted the negotiations to be held at gran’s house but since I am a Chiliza, they should be held at Nkateko’s house. I just hope they won’t jeopardize anything because I won’t be held liable for what I will do to any of them. I am wearing my floral long-sleeved bodycon dress. Security is tripled because if the underground were to know that the empress is getting traditionally married today, who knows what they may do to my fiancé.

My crew is with me. I hired a catering company because I don’t trust anyone from my family. Who knows what they also may do to my in-laws. Gran is monitoring almost everything. She is like a hawk. Jenna is busy drinking and blabbing about shit. She is hell bent on making this day a failure but I know she won’t succeed. The in-laws have arrived but they haven’t let them in. Cole is going to be part of the lobola panel.

By the way, he was genuine so we are now close but not too close because I don’t trust easily. Gran sorted out his problem with Shamma. They are now in the process of divorcing. He didn’t tell the rents about his issue with Shamma because they will ask a lot of questions. He just told them that it wasn’t working out and they supported him, although Thabisa didn’t like the idea of Shamma leaving the family because they are like besties. Cole said he will ask in court for primary custody of their children because Shamma is not an active parent.

Nkateko invited me to lunch a week ago. Since his intentions are pure, I kept an open mind about it. He told me a lot. Like he has a mistress who has kids and he is planning on taking her as his second wife. A lot of drama is about to unfold in my family and I honestly can’t wait.

He also took me to meet his second family. The mistress’s name is Avuyile, she is a Xhosa woman. She is so beautiful and humble, a total opposite of my mother. But mother is a mixture of gran and Ty. It’s not really surprising that she is stubborn, crazy and controlling. Her kids are Liyana (5) Likhona (3). My siblings are so cute, I can’t wait for gran to meet them. I know she will laugh at her daughter once this drama unfolds. I so wanted them to come but I guess they will attend my engagement party.

“They have finally let them in.” Sange says while throwing herself next to me. “I saw Silu’s handsome big bro. damn that guy is hot with a capital H. I wouldn’t mind leaving the game for him.” we all laugh at her.

“That guy is a soldier. What makes you think he would associate himself with a gangster or a former gangster? And what makes you think you would be loyal to him? Bitch you can’t be loyal to one dick. You are an addict.” Salizwa says and Sange pouts.

“Oksalayo.” We all laugh again because she usually says that when she has no come back. “But if boss was able to get herself a man and get married to him, what makes you think that won’t happen to me?”

“BECAUSE YOU ARE A SEX ADDICT!” We all shout and she just looks at us shocked.

“Not so loud, you don’t wanna chase away my next meal.” We all laugh again. There is never a dull moment with Sange. Gran comes in and we all keep quiet like kids who were stealing candy or sugar. She looks at us straight in our eyes one by one.

“What did Sange say?” she ask and we chuckle. She knows that most of the time, Sange always have something to say.
“I didn’t say anything gran. Seipati is the one who was talking about her crush with Silu’s brother, the one who is a soldier.” She defends her self and gran just chuckles shaking her head.

“I am pretty sure you are the one who has a crush on Adriane’s brother in law.” She places her hand on her heart dramatically.
“Unbelievable.” She says and we all laugh.
“Anyways you should prepare yourself, and you wear a doek.” Gran says pointing at me.
“Your in-laws were told that your daughter in law’s name is Oyintando Chiliza but I am pretty sure they will be shocked when a white woman comes.” Seipati says and I throw a pillow at her. I have only seen Silu’s mother and father. I haven’t met his siblings and extended family. His parents were shocked to see me but they relaxed when they learnt more about me.