CHAPTER 2

I am sitting in my office at Club Classic playing chess with Seipati while drinking water. It is 9am. My doctor said I should take it easy on the alcohol so I have been abstaining for a while. I went pretty hard on the bottle after my grandfather died. I almost had a kidney failure but luckily my doctor detected the problem early and treated me. I now own a few clubs because I love power. A call comes through and I answer my phone. It is Kamva, a hacker at Thompson Tech and the vice CEO.

“Boss we have a problem. Someone tried to hack into the company’s main frame and steal the clients’ database.” – Kamva.

“By try you mean they tried but they didn’t succeed right?” I ask calmly. I never show panic or stress when someone presents a problem to me. I am a very calm individual. Most of my crew members are scared of me but they are more scared of my calm persona.

“Yes but the only way to hack into the mainframe is to be inside the premises and only the staff know the system because it is very complicated. That means someone from the inside must have hacked us.”

“So are there any suspects?” my tone is still the same.

“Not at the moment boss. On the other news Muriel was attacked an hour ago just outside the building and an ambulance rushed her to the hospital.” Clearly this was premeditated and Muriel’s attack was somehow a distraction.

“Are the attackers identifiable on the footage?”

“They were wearing masks boss.”

“What is currently happening in my company at this moment?”

“Nokuthula is deleting the old codes and creating new ones. Until we know who tried the hack no employee will be able to touch the mainframe and access any company database. I am trying to see if there is anything I can identify from Muriel’s attackers. Maybe a tattoo or a scar from one of them or maybe their physique.”

“Great strategy. Give all the employees a week off beside Nokuthula. Give them all, even the securities. I will be there before the day ends to see if you have something for me. We will talk soon.” I end the call. I wonder who it is that dared me. Whoever it is planned this thoroughly. Hitting Thompson Tech, the base of everything I own. Whoever this culprit is, he or she will regret the day he exited his mother’s womb.

“What’s up?” Seipati brings me back from revenge-ville.

“Some fool dared me. They attacked Muriel and tried hacking into the company’s mainframe. Kamva says it’s an inside man.”

“Wow.” She exhales loudly. Yeah it is very rare that TT gets hacked. Worst of all they involved an innocent employee into this. Sange barges in and immediately pours herself whiskey and takes a sit.

“I guess you already know what happened at TT.” I say taking a sip from my water.

“Yah, some idiot by the name of Kabelo tried hacking the mainframe but I blocked him and everyone who would try after him. Funny fact, he is Bo’s nephew. He is so sexy, before we kill him can I have a piece of him?” Sange is a sex freak, all the guys that date her she dumps them because they can’t keep up with her sex drive.

“Bo never learns neh and never gives up neh? Why would he put his nephew in the lions’ den? Anyways where is he now?” this motherfucker is stupid and is a risk taker, but to play with a fellow family member’s life like this that’s just cruel. I am sure Bo knew the possibilities of KB making it out alive were slim to none yet he sent him in. other uncles out there yoh.

“In my bedroom I mean warehouse.” She says with a smirk. I am pretty sure she is already imagining having sex with KB.

“Have you identified Muriel’s attackers?”