CHAPTER 27

I finish showering and dry my body. I lotion it and wear black joggers with a black tank top and black sneakers. I then wear a hoody on top. I turn to look at Clara who has this uncomfortable look on her face.

“Now I am really scared of you and what you are wearing is not cool dude.” I laugh.
“I am still mourning my failed relationship dude so excuse my fashion sense.”
“Whatever. Let’s head up.” we both head upstairs and go to the kitchen where gran and my crew are chatting up a storm.

“Hi everyone.” They all turn quickly and rush to hug me. Gran is the one who hugs me last. When she finally breaks the hug she gives me the meanest slap ever. My eyes pop out. “Gran what was that for?”
“For being a spoiled brat and a self-centered bitch who only thinks for herself and doesn’t care about anyone else.” After that she rushes upstairs.

“You deserved that.” Sange says and heads out.
“Well we have been searching for you for a while now but we really didn’t think when we finally see you, what will we say to you. What I can say is that you’re selfish.” Salizwa says and also heads out and Seipati follows her.

“Well that went well.” Clara says while taking a muffin on the counter and eating it.
“Apologizing is not my thing. So what should I do?”
“You are rich for a reason. Bribe them with gifts because I know you won’t have emotional talks with them.” I chuckle.
“I will think about it.”
--
Clara accompanies me to the mall and we go to Arthur Kaplan. Someone once said diamonds are a girl’s best friend. I am hoping they are going to table me out of this mess I am in. I guess I have to buy 5 sets of jewelry. One for gran, Salizwa, Sange, Seipati and mother. Of course I will also buy one for my ex mother in law and a bunch of flowers just to tell her that I still love her and I am thinking about her.

We get to the shop and we are greeted by a friendly assistant but she is showing a more friendly face to Clara. I guess my choice of clothing scares people. I view the catalogue that is given to me while Clara is looking at the engagement rings over the counter, weird of you may ask me. I choose a silver cubic zirconia pendant for Jenna. I am not trying to such up to her but I am trying to be nice.

I choose a 9 carat white gold amethyst blue topaz & 0.01ct diamond butterfly open heart pendant for Sange. A 9 carat white gold 6mm round tanzanite diamond pendant for Seipati. A 9 carat yellow gold 20mm diamond swirl slider pendant, 9 carat yellow gold 7x4mm oval cubic studs and a fossil lyric watch for gran. A 9 carat rose gold pink amethyst & diamond flower pendant, silver rose gold plated huggies and silver rose gold plated zirconia flower bracelet for mother. A silver cubic zirconia marquise open links bracelet 19cm for Salizwa because she doesn’t like necklaces.

I then decide to buy watches for Silu’s siblings and father. I then choose a fossil Carlie mini three-hand stainless steel watch for Siyamthanda. A Seiko presage watch for Simlethelwe and a Michel Herbelin Newport Chronograph watch. I then choose a Rado hyperchrome automatic watch for my father in law. I decide that I am going to buy the set for my mother in law at American Swiss.

I go to the cashier and tell her all the jewelry I have chosen. To say she is shocked would be an understatement. She clears her throat and then she calls the shop assistant who welcomed us. She then inform her about my request and the assistant laughs.

“Did I say anything funny?” I ask frowning. They don’t answer. “Please get these stuff for me, put them in gift bags and label them in the way I am going to tell you. Now women I don’t have all day.” They jump up when I raise my voice and quickly head to the back. I go sit down on the couch and Clara sits next to me. “Want me to buy anything for you?”
“Yes.”
“So? Spill.” She giggles and covers her face with her hands.