CHAPTER 24

!!!HEADLINES!!!
‘BUSINESS TYCOON EDWARD DINHA WHO WAS SUSPECTED FOR RAPING HIS NIECE WAS ASSASINATED AT HIS HOME IN NORTH CLIFF. THE POLICE SUSPECT A SKILLED ASSASIN BECAUSE THERE IS NO EVIDENCE THAT CAN HELP THEM IN FINDING THE KILLER!’

‘MINISTER OF FINANCE THAPELO LEREMI WHO WAS ACCUSED OF KILLING HIS WIFE AFTER SHE ALLEGEDLY CHEATED ON HIM WITH HIS BROTHER WAS ASSASINATED IN HIS OFFICE IN PRETORIA!’

‘HIGH SCHOOL TEACHER TEBOGO MUTAPA WHO WAS ACCUSED OF RAPING A MINOR BOY WAS FOUND DEAD IN HER CAR WHEN SHE WAS ON HER WAY HOME FROM SCHOOL!’

‘DOCTOR ABEDNIGO MUSASA AND NURSE DIANA POTGIETER FROM JOBURG GENERAL WHO HAVE BEEN ACCUSED OF STEALING NEW BORNS AND SELLING THEM ON THE BLACK MARKET WERE FOUND DEAD OUTSIDE A RESTAURANT IN MIDRAND!’

Salizwa sat down feeling defeated and powerless. Sange was drinking whiskey, actually drowning in her own sorrows. Seipati was stuffing her face with food because that is what she usually does when she is stressed. Instead of going hard on the bottle, she always eat junk food.

“This shit is fucked up and problem is the numbers keep increasing daily.” Sange said rubbing her face.
“Things would’ve been better if we knew where she is.” Seipati said getting more frustrated.

After the talk Silu had with Adriane calling off the wedding, he left heading to a remote island because the minute he landed there, his tracker was disabled. Adriane went off the grid after not being able to track Silu and bodies have been piling up ever since she went off the grid. They know it’s her because the assassination method is her style.

Sange’s phone rang and she huffed when she saw who was calling. She rejected the call. Seipati looked at her.
“Who is that?” she asked her.
“Silu’s brother.” Sange answered.
“You guys are an item?”

“Not really but he knows about the gang. I think he is in a gang or something. It’s just that I haven’t had time to run a background check on him. My head is just all over the place and you know how I can’t function when something is wrong. I just shut down.”

“Go to my apartment and get some sleep there.” Salizwa handed her the apartment keys. Sange took them and stood up. “Just get 8 hours of sleep. I know after that your head will be buzzing with ideas and maybe you can even find a way to track Silu because it looks like we need him back in order to fish Adriane out of her hiding place.” Sange nodded and headed out.
.
.
It has been a month since Adriane told her family and friends that the wedding is off. She called them to a meeting and addressed them. Jenna being Jenna made a silly comment which almost landed her in the mortuary.

Thabisa and Nkateko talked about the second wife issue and Thabisa said that he can only take the second wife after a year. Meaning during this current year he has to focus on his first family and his wife. Give her love and affection before wanting to bring a third person in their marriage. Nkateko agreed to Thabisa’s terms but he knew that he would see his mistress in secret.

Nkateko went to his other house in Ermelo where his mistress and children loved. He got there and found them eating dinner. The kids were excited to see him and jumped into his arms excitedly because it has been weeks since they last saw and spoke to him.

“Daddy, you’re here.” Likhona said hugging him tightly.
“I missed you so much dad.” Liyana said.
“Okay how about you let your father sit down before you break his back?” Avuyile said coming to his rescue. Nkateko smiled and winked at her. She blushed while looking down.

“Let’s all sit down and enjoy the delicious dinner that your mother have prepared.” He said taking a seat. His daughters also went back to their seats. “How are you my darling?” he asked Avuyile who was now dishing for him. She handed him his plate and sat down.
“Surviving.”

“We are going to get married next year. For now after finding my daughter, I am going to send my family to pay ilobolo and damages to your family.” Avuyile smiled widely.

“That’s good to hear. You still haven’t found Ntando yet?” he shook his head while chewing on his food. “I am sure she is safe wherever she is. She is just going through a lot with the break up and all.”
“There is something we need to talk about but not now. We will when we are in our bedroom.” Avuyile smiled and nodded.

Nkateko told his mother in law that he wanted to tell Avuyile the truth about Ntando since she is going to be part of the family for a long time. Thabile gave him the truth serum so that he can know if he can really trust Avuyile with his family secrets. He brought it with him and he was planning on pouring it on her juice or coffee.

They finished eating dinner and watched TV for a while. They Nkateko went and put his daughters in bed. He read them a bedtime story and they fell asleep within a few minutes. He kissed them good night and headed to the lounge. He found Avuyile switching off the TV.

“How about you go prepare for bed while I make some tea for you?” Nkateko suggested and Avuyile smiled.
“Okay don’t take too long.” She went to their room while Nkateko went to the kitchen.

He made the tea for her just how she likes it. He then poured the truth serum in it. He stirred it and then took a muffin from the muffins tray and went to the bedroom. He found her already in bed reading a novel.

“Please don’t tell me you are reading a novel about lingerie.” He said seeing the title of the book which said ‘Fantasy in Lingerie’. She laughed.
“My love it’s not about lingerie. Well the women in it do wear lingerie but it’s a dark romance novel.”

“Say no more.” He said handing her the tea. He took off his clothes and was left with only briefs. Avuyile drank her tea and she smiled when because it was exactly the way she likes it.
“Thanks for the tea.” Nkateko climbed into the bed.

“My pleasure. You know how much I love you right?” she smiled.
“You tell me that every day and you have just showed me how serious you love me because you are willing to marry me.”

“Never doubt my love for you and please, when time comes, never compare yourself with my first wife because I love you both in a different way.”
“But you have spent more than twenty years with her.” She said sulking and Nkateko smiled.
“Let that not bother you.” She finished drinking her tea and snuggled herself next to him.

“My mother hates you because you are married. She also sometimes call me a home wrecker but I have told her over and over that I am not with you because of your money or the kids. The heart wants what it wants, and it wants you.” He smiled because he could see that truth serum is working. She hardly discuss her family with him.
“How about your father?”

“Dad doesn’t care, as long as I won’t end up like those women who have multiple kids and still stay at home because their baby daddies don’t wanna make them their wives.”
“How much do you love me baby?” she chuckled.

“My love for you is infinity times infinity. Seas may rise and skies may fall but the love I have for you will never fade or die.” He brought her to sit on top of him and kissed her.

“I love you so much.” He said breaking the kiss. “There is something you need to know about Ntando.” He said looking straight in her eyes. “She is a gang leader and the reason why she broke up with Silungile is that he was kidnapped by her enemy. The enemy was the one who told him that Ntando is a gang leader. He was upset because Ntando didn’t trust him enough to tell him the truth about her.” Avuyile’s eyes popped out.

“So she like Harriet Khoza?” Nkateko laughed and nodded. “So cool. When she comes back tell her to recruit me.” Nkateko frowned and Avuyile laughed. “Just kidding love. I have always wondered why I find her mysterious, like she is always quiet and hardly talks. I guess it comes with the package of being a gang leader. You have to be detached to your humanity a lot.”

“You have no problem with her being a gangster?” she nodded.
“She chose this path and she has her reasons. I have no right to judge her. And I love you so I have to accept that this is also part of your baggage that you come with. I love you.” She perked his lips.
“I love you too.”
.
.
.
#TheEmpress