CHAPTER 18

This place looks really amazing. Sange decided that we must do the party in gran’s backyard. They hired a frame tent and the décor looks amazing. She told Silu that the rehearsal dinner will be at his home and he agreed. The guests have arrived, also Silu’s family. They are all in the ten. The people who are still in the house are Sange, Clara, Silu and myself. Well the other two are in the lounge and I am in my room with Sange who is fixing me. She bought me silver stylish gloves which are really beautiful and are a wonderful cover for the bandage.

We head downstairs and Silu smiles like an idiot when his eyes land on me. He comes to hug me and plants a soft kiss on my lips. He takes my hand and leads me to the backyard. We get to the tent and people scream, ululate and cheer as soon as they see us. He is wearing a navy slim fit suit with a black shirt and black loafers, he is not wearing a tie and is wearing grey cufflinks. We head to our designated chairs and take a seat.

Simlethelwe is the master of the ceremony. He is dressed smart in a dark gray suit with navy shirt and navy dress shoes. I have never seen him in a suit before and he actually looks cute. He takes the mic and he winks to some lady in the audience who smiles in return.

“Evening everyone. The handsome man standing in front of you is Simlethelwe Ndaba who is going to be the master of this ceremony. We are gathered here today to celebrate the engagement of the two most awesome people in my life, Miss Adriane Thompson and Mr. Silungile Ndaba. There isn’t much of a program meaning some of you will have an opportunity to pass wonderful messages to our couple. But first I’d like to call Mrs. Thompson, Mrs. Ndaba and Mrs. Chiliza to come and give out congratulations.” People clap and Simi goes to sit down. Gran stands and comes to the stage.

“I greet you all and I welcome you all in my lovely home. Watching her grow, I never thought Adriane would find love and actually settle down. She was always hanging out with her grandpa and most of the time they spoke about business. I thought she would be that goal driven business woman who is all about business. But she proved me wrong. Congratulations my babies and I wish you all the best.” She goes to sit down and Silu’s mom comes to the stage.

“I am very happy to gain a second daughter in you MaMdunge. Because of you, I now get to brag that I have an Italian daughter-in-law.” We all laugh. She got bragging rights now. “I am happy for the both of you guys and I wish you all the best. I won’t talk much because I don’t wanna deplete my wedding speech.” We laugh again. She goes to sit down and mother takes the stage.

“I have wronged you my child and abandoned you for years. I am very happy that you have forgiven me and gave me a second chance. I didn’t deserve it but you opened up your heart and proved that you are not as stubborn as I am. I am very happy for you both and I wish you can have as many children as you wish. Congratulations to you both.” She goes to sit down and Sange rushes to the stage.

“Let me just start by saying you guys look gorgeous, especially Adriane.” I chuckle shaking my head. Salizwa and Seipati also join her on the stage. “I was actually worried about your dress but when you said a model is helping you to choose it, I relaxed.” Okay I think I must get ready for some roast. “I didn’t think that Adriane would fall in love. Phela this woman is cold-hearted and is very picky so I don’t know how she chose you Silu while you are this ugly.” Silu bursts out laughing and I also laugh. Salizwa takes the mic.

“I was actually there when they first met. Silu came out of the restaurant and Adriane and I were going in. he bumped into her, causing her to drop her phone. Adriane is not a loud person but that day yoh, she turned into an angry colored woman and started swearing at him in Italian. She attracted attention to herself and people stopped to look at her but her guard scared them off. The only reason why she cursed at him is because she bought the phone the previous day and she actually loved it.” Seipati takes the mic.