CHAPTER 14

“Gran I am going to Italy on Sunday. There is some business I need to take care of. Maybe I will be back in 2 weeks’ time.” I say to gran. We are seated at the porch drinking juice. I don’t know when I am going to go back to drinking whiskey but I know when I am dining with the Italian drug lords, I will be drinking.

“I am coming with you.” I turn and look at her frowning.
“Why?” she chuckles.
“I also have some business to take care of. I wanted to talk to you so that you can borrow me the jet but I am glad that you are also going.”
“What business are you going to take care of gran?”

“That’s none of your concern Adriane. I should tell one of the helpers to pack our bags.” I just chuckle and shake my head.
“You have a man in Italy? I know you like them dark and full of Italian accent?”
“You are not that old for me to knock some sense in that big head of yours.” I laugh out loud. “Anyways your family is coming over for dinner.”
“I will cook.” She laughs.
“Did you cook at your in-laws?”

“I was so lucky gran. Silu’s mother loves cooking for her husband so she cooked most of the time. Silu’s brother also cooked, he is a chef. I only took them to Madam Ty restaurant once, and I guess that counts as cooking.” she laughs again.
“You sly fox. You are so lucky. You are definitely Ty’s granddaughter.” She continues laughing.

“But when I come back from Italy, I promise I will ask Chef Gozo to give me some cooking classes.” Chef Gozo is the chef in one of my restaurants. She is very friendly, so I know for sure she will be very delighted to spend those few hours with me. She really admires me. She usually post me on Wednesdays as her Woman Crush Wednesday. If I didn’t know her husband, I would say she is a lesbian and has some hots for me.

“That’s good to know, but for tonight I will do the cooking.” I chuckle.
“I guess I will help with the chopping then.”
“As long as you won’t cut yourself.” She says and laughs again. She is loving this.
“Come on gran. You know very well that I can handle knives. I have handled bigger knives than the ones you have in your kitchen.”
“If you say so.” She sips her tea with a smug on her face. This gogo though.

--
“When you come back from Italy I want you to officially meet Eve. Not as your employee but as your future sister-in-law.” My brother says. We are sitting at the patio. He arrived first, followed by Anathi who is at the kitchen bonding with gran.
“Rather I meet her as just your girlfriend. You just got out from a toxic marriage, you don’t have to rush marriage.” He sighs.

“But we have been dating for so long. I think it’s only fair that I mark my territory.”
“Don’t feel compelled to marry her or think that it’s a good thing because of the years you have been together. Give each other time. You have never explored your relationship publicly. Now is your time. Take her out on dates anywhere in Mzansi without fear of your ex-wife or her friends spotting you. It’s like you are out of the closet now. Embrace your relationship and just have fun. Forget about marriage for now.” He smiles and side hugs me.

“I never thought I would get relationship advice from you.” I laugh.
“You are making fun of my therapy skills?” he also laughs. “Anyways I can’t wait to meet her officially. She seems like a good woman.”
“She is.” he smiles like a kid seeing candy.

--
The situation around the table is intense. Which can only mean one thing. Nkateko told mother about Avuyile. She looks emotional and vulnerable. I have never seen her like this. Even though she is an emotional bully, I don’t think any child wants to see their mother breaking in front of them. She just stands up and head upstairs. I am guessing she is going to her old room. Gran attempts to stand up but I tell her that I am going to check on Thabisa.