CHAPTER 17

We have just landed in South Africa and the drivers are driving us to gran’s house. It’s Friday and the engagement party is tomorrow evening. I have a heist today and Sange and Seipati have planned everything. We are stealing gemstones. They are being delivered tonight at the Richards Bay port. We already have an inside source.

The gemstones are the sapphire, amethyst and tanzanite. They are very expensive and valuable. We are going to make rings, necklaces and earrings from them and sell them in the underground. Men from the underground love buying expensive jewelry for their women and daughters, so I know that we are going to make a lot of money out of them.

We are going to take the jet to Durban but we are going to drive back here after grabbing the gems so that we won’t raise many suspicions. Silu wanted us to have dinner tonight but I cancelled it because I can’t. We get to gran’s house and find my siblings already in the lounge waiting for us. Gran does the introductions and they exchange hugs and greetings.

I jog to my room and place my luggage on top of the bed. I freshen up and get dressed in the black bulletproofed long-sleeved bodysuit which was designed by Salizwa. On top I wear black combat pants and a bicker jacket. I wear my black combat boots. I then go to my secret closes and pack my weapons and mask in my backpack. This might seem like a straight forward heist but anything can happen.

Gran gets in my room and looks at me from top to bottom. She shakes her head and unpacks my clothes. She places them carefully on my laundry basket and place the clean ones on my closet.

“Please don’t tell me you going on a heist the day before your engagement party.” She says while sitting on the edge of the bed. I sigh and sit on the couch.
“I have to grandma. It’s been so long since I went out to a mission. Relax, it’s going to be an in and out type of thing. We will be here tomorrow morning.” She shakes her head in disapproval.

“I have a bad feeling about this. It doesn’t seem right. It’s like something bad is going to happen.”

“Relax. I am The Empress. I always reign supreme and even danger is afraid of me. Nothing is going to happen to me.” I stand up and take my backpack. I switch off my phone and place it on my drawer beside my bed. I take the tablet with me. “See you soon.” I jog downstairs and quickly go outside before anyone can spot me.
--

We retrieve the gems after a battle with the cops. Luckily we weren’t in the battlefield. The Durban team took care of everything. We all drive to join the N3 when suddenly we hear gunshots. There are people who are shooting out cars. Luckily the cars are bullet proof but we have to take care of these insects before they alert the cops.

“I have identified one of the passengers in the cars. It’s a member of Maphanta gang.” Sange says while typing something on her laptop. “I have already jammed all network connections within a 5 km radius from where we are.”

“Find a place where we can park and take care of these bugs.” I say and prepare my guns.

“There is a gravel road that lead to the farms which is 3 minutes away. We can stop there.” we are riding a Volvo xc90. I am with Sange, Salizwa, Seipati, Beast and Joe in the car. The other 4 cars are full of my gang member from Jo’burg and the other 2 have gang members from Durban. “I am informing the others so that we can all stop.”

“How many cars are following us?”
“About 10 boss.” I chuckle.
“Are we outnumbered?”
“Whenever you are in a place, we are never outnumbered boss.”
“Great answer.”

We park on the gravel road and switch off the lights. The cars approach where we are at and we start firing before they can even stop. We kill most of them and when we think they are finished, we stand to go back to the cars. One makes a mistake of shooting me on my right hand, in an attempt to disarm me. Beast takes care of her and Seipati attends to my wound.

I curse when I think of the excuse I am going to tell to Silu when he asks about this wound. What the hell am I going to say? Then there is gran, who told me that something will go wrong. But it’s just a hand. She will be relieved to find out that only a few got injured and there weren’t serious injuries. Seipati stitches me and wrap a bandage around my hand.

“Boss what do we do with these bodies and the cars?” Mpho from Durban asks.
“Load the bodies in the cars and light them up. Make sure you leave no evidence. Let’s go.” I say to Beast and we all get inside the cars.
--

I get home at 5 am and I head straight to my room. I undress and pack my guns neatly in their place. I then take a shower and go to sleep.

I am later woken up by noise and I can hear that there are people inside my room. Little people actually because the voices are so tiny. I open my eyes and I frown when I see Ryan and Lalia; Nomcebo and Emihle, Cole’s kids. They are sitting on the couch and listening to Alwande who is telling them God knows what. I am going to kill whomever brought them to my room.

I stretch my right hand in order to snatch my phone from the drawer. I groan when I feel pain, then I remember that I am injured. The little people turn to me with smiles. They rush to my side and Nomcebo opens my drawer, she takes out my phone and hands it to me. I smile and check the time. It’s already 10:30am and I still have to do my hair, nails and wax. Fuck!

“Hey auntie. What happened to your hand?” Emihle asks. She is so cute. She is 4 years old.
“I cut myself while cooking baby. Turns out I am not a pro in the kitchen.” They all laugh. “Where is granny?”
“The one who lives in this house?” Nomcebo asks and I nod. “She is somewhere in this house with the other granny from Italy. They are drinking tea. They said we should wake you up because your hairstylist is coming at 11am.”

“But we didn’t wanna wake you because you looked so beautiful while sleeping.” Lalia says and I just laugh.
“How about you guys go downstairs and make breakfast for me because I am starving?”
“OKAY!” they all shout and run out of my room.

I get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I shower and it is really difficult showering with one hand. At last I get done. I wrap a towel around my body and go back to my bedroom. I find the bed already made and gran placing a tray of food on my dressing table. She studies my body carefully and her eyes get stuck on my injured hand.

“What happened?”
“Nothing much granny. I am fine.” She grunts.

“Sit down so that I can change your bandages. And your hairstylist is already here but I told him to set up everything in the empty room downstairs.” I sit down and she heads out. Few minutes later she comes back and changes my bandages. “Next time you won’t be this lucky. Stop with this stubborn head of yours. It will get you killed one day.” She finishes dressing my hand and discard the dirty bandage. She doesn’t say anything else. She just exits my room.
--

“Just dye my hair ombre dark gray. Make the edges black.” I say to the stylist and she nods. She starts doing my hair and 10 minutes later the nail artist comes in.
“How about I do your nails while waiting for the dye to sink in your hair?” the nail artist suggests and I just nod. “Which hails do you want?”
“Navy coffin shaped with silver or white beads.”
“As you wish.”

After some time, they get finished and Clara comes in. she smiles when she sees me and then showers me with complements. We then go to a beauty salon for waxing, then Sange takes her to a salon where she will do her hair and nails. I drive to Silu’s apartment. I get there and I find the place buzzing with his friends and brothers.

“Hi everyone.” They all turn.
“Makoti, unjani? (How are you?)” Simlethelwe asks while coming to hug me. I hug him and smile.
“I am okay. How are you?”
“I am also fine. Your husband is sulking in the bedroom.” I chuckle.

“Let me go check on him.” I head to his room and I find him sleeping on his bed, his back is facing the door. “Don’t tell me you are in here sleeping while you have so many guests in your house.” He quickly turns and smiles when he sees me but his smile quickly fades and is replaced with a pissed face.
“I am still mad at you.” I smile and go join him on the bed, taking off my sneakers.
“But you are loved. Why would you stay mad when you are loved by an Italian woman?” he chuckles.

“Is that your way of sweet talking me?”
“Is it working?” I ask wiggling my eyebrows which makes him laugh so hard because I fail at doing that.
“Maybe. Now you can kiss me and maybe we can build a bridge and get over the fact that you left me for two full weeks.” I laugh and he pouts. I turn him to lie on his back and climb on top of him. I kiss him and he kisses me back.
.
.
.
#TheEmpress