❅️Epilogue❅️

"Yuu-san!"

Yuu looked up from the cat he was tending and saw the usual group of kids running towards the house. They brought along a little creature they had found along the river.

"Look at this pretty lizard we found!"

"Ah. You guys found a newt! It's really pretty isn't it?" Yuu smiled.

As it was summertime, Yuu agreed to go and find bugs in the woods with the kids. He had caught a toad, and asked the kids to find a bug they find interesting to share with group.

"I caught a dragonfly!"

"Yuu-san! There's a butterfly on my head!"

"I found a ladybug!!"

Yuu was having a lot of fun playing with these kids. He never thought he would stay here in Miyagi longer than he had planned to but it's so nice here.

He's free.

Yuu went home, soaked from playing in the river with the kids. He's hungry too. He wondered what his mom cooked for lunch.

"I'm home!" He yelled.

"How was your day?" His mom asked.

"Great! I went to the river with the kids today. Sorry the front porch is a bit wet." Yuu chuckled as he went inside.

As soon as he did, his smile dropped.

"Well you seem like you had a lot of fun Dearest."

Yuu stared at the figure who was sitting in front of his mom. He covered his mouth to prevent a gasp from coming out but that only made his tears flow.

Wakatoshi stood up and walked over to him. He caressed Yuu's cheeks, smiling as soon as the tips of his fingers felt the softness of his husband's cheeks. Yuu placed his hands on top of Wakatoshi's hands and stared into his eyes.

It was fate who allowed them to meet.

It was fate who made them part.

But in the end, they didn't care about fate.

They met again.

It was nice to meet each other again.

Like he said in his letters, Yuu hugged Wakatoshi tight, as if tomorrow would never come, as if he would die if he let go. Wakatoshi returned the hug, with a content feeling of finally hugging the love of his life.

"I missed you, so much."

"And I miss you too, so very much."

"Promise me, that we stay together. Now, tomorrow, and forever." Wakatoshi whispered, asking Yuu for a heavy promise.

Yuu nodded, tears welling in his eyes.

"Always and forever."

"Promise?" Wakatoshi asked.

Yuu kissed Wakatoshi, missing the way the other would instantly kiss back when he does. This feels insanely good.

Who even cares about fate? Fate really allowed them to taste sweet before bitterness. Fate always seemed to be the one that saves couples in love stories but to them, fate is evil.

Fuck fate.

"I promise."

❅️

-the end-