❅️23❅️

(lmao don't mind that, I just wanted to put these cute dorks here)

❅️

Wakatoshi started feeling what Yuu had been feeling all the time when he's not around. He finally felt what he felt all those time he was at work.

It was dreadful for him.

The bed felt too big.

The house felt too quiet.

It felt lonely.

TOO lonely.

It has only been a week but Wakatoshi couldn't find the appetite to eat ever since Yuu left the house. Washijou was constantly asking him where Yuu was and he would always answer the same thing, that Yuu ran away because he was depressed. He also apologized saying that it was his fault that Yuu developed depression and whenever he touches that subject, Washijou would just walk away or end the call. He apologized too many times that it convinced him that he really is the reason Yuu became stuck in this situation.

If he didn't act stupid and asked Yuu to marry him, this wouldn't have happened. Yuu would still be happy and cheerful and free of these unnecessary problems.

He stared at Yuu's phone and wished that he could at least still call him. However, that was just a wish no one can make into a reality.

They didn't even get to share a goodbye kiss.

Yuu left without Wakatoshi knowing when, where and how.

Even though Wakatoshi knew Yuu's phone is with him, he called Yuu's number just because he misses him. It's became a daily routine for him now. He dialed Yuu's number and just beared the pain in his heart when he heard Yuu's phone ring. When the operator woman's voice was heard, Wakatoshi prepared himself to talk after the beep.

Beep!

And Wakatoshi talked as if Yuu was listening.

"Dearest, how are you? I don't know where you are but I'm sure you picked the right place to hide. I miss you. It's been a week and everything feels... different. I can't just fall asleep now that you're not filling the gap in between my arms anymore. I can't eat because I kept thinking if you have eaten or not. I can't... I can't — hold on." Wakatoshi let out a heavy breath and blinked back tears.

Damn it, it's getting harder to speak day by day.

With a deep breath, he continued, "I love you."

"I just hope that you always keep that in mind because I know you love me too. I promise you, I'll never, ever fall out of love. And I wish I can hear you promise the same. I'm so sorry we turned out this way. I'm sorry you had to suffer. If I hadn't asked you to marry me—"

You have reached the time limit for the recording. Press one to send the recording. Press two to delete—

Wakatoshi pressed one. He looked at Yuu's phone and sighed. He placed his phone aside and pressed his face into his hands. Every time he tried to talk about what could've happened if they had not met at all, the recording would reach it's time limit. It was as if fate itself didn't want him to apologize for it.

If it was true that fate did so, then why the hell did fate let them both suffer like this?

❅️

Semi slowly opened his eyes, looking at his side to see if Shirabu was still there. He thanked the gods when the familiar face was seen, sleeping. He still couldn't take it that Shirabu chose to live with him and leave his luxurious life behind. Semi's house is just an apartment with loud neighbors and terrible air conditioning, unlike the luxurious mansion he grew up in.