36,

Idrissa fell into a bit of a routine after the Spirit of Nicholas Flamel gave her the answers she needed to complete her self imposed mission of resurrecting her little brother and boyfriend

               Idrissa fell into a bit of a routine after the Spirit of Nicholas Flamel gave her the answers she needed to complete her self imposed mission of resurrecting her little brother and boyfriend. She had completed her senior year online before her focus turned almost fully towards her slow going endeavours into mastering the ancient art of Alchemy, her evenings usually consisted of relaxing at home watching movies with Kol and Jeremy – both of whom she could see within a twenty feet radius of Marauders Retreat.

Kol would often watch Idrissa sleeping, his incorporeal body restricting him from reaching out to brush her hair out of her face or hold her in his arms, Kol found it to be the most frustrating experience of his existence. To be so close to the girl her loves yet unable to reach out to her when he saw the grief in her beautiful eyes, he hated that his death caused her so much pain but also felt blessed to see how much she loves him too.

He never imagined that he would find himself loving anybody the way he loves Idrissa, he had long since decided that love just was not meant for him. He had envied his siblings who had often fell in love – in and out and in again and again – whilst he never felt that commitment with any of his flings.

Kol had noticed that initially his siblings – Nik especially – believed he had been using Idrissa for his own nefarious gain, soon the looks of suspicion had changed into confusion when they realised he genuinely had no ulterior motives for her.

Nik had been the one who realised the truth of Kol's feelings, even before Kol himself had a label for them, the Wily Troublemaker was in love.

He could not say for certain how it had happened nor could he state a specific moment that stood out above all others as a defining point in their relationship, it truly just happened whilst he was too invested in being with her to even notice the sheer depth of his feelings until he was much too far gone.

Perhaps it had started immediately after he had been undaggered and she had unashamedly bemoaned that Nik had kept 'the most attractive one locked in a coffin' before casually sending the blue eyed Salvatore tumbling across the room because she 'is not a doll' and she had refused to be complacent even when standing in the room filled with all of the Originals.

Maybe it happened when she decided to work against her sister and forewarn his brother about their mother's agenda, she wanted nothing superficial in return only her brothers continued safety which had been less than even the most selfless of people usually wanted from his family.

It could of been during the two day long drive to Denver which had been filled with easy conversion and a comfortable atmosphere, Kol had thought it a little confusing that he felt so at ease but he was not uncomfortable by it. No, in fact he rather enjoyed it, which was why he accepted he offer to join her and Jeremy on their unpredictable adventure.