07,

Wednesday 31ˢᵗ March, 2010

                              it has been a few weeks since my last entry again

                              it has been a few weeks since my last entry again. Since then I have turned seventeen on the 21ˢᵗ March and yet more drama has begun.

Honestly, I cannot fathom why nor how such a small town can attract so much supernatural mayhem.

In my previous life I went to a school filled with hundreds of magical kids who was given a weapon - wands - and the ability to kill with words at aged eleven. (In fact, ironically, I did kill my Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at aged eleven. Though, he was sharing his body with the wraith my parents murderer the Dark Lord Voldemort, so he wasn't exactly an innocent victim.)

My point of mentioning Hogwarts is that even though it was a magical school for most of the students attending life was safe and easy - most of the time. (Admittedly Hogwarts was different for me and I faced death each year, but, that was because of the prophecy and meddling old men - Voldemort and Dumbledore - interfering with my life throughout my school years.)

Mystic Falls is anything but normal, easy or safe - for anybody any of the time.

Though it currently seems mostly focused on my adopted doppelganger sister, Elena, who is by birth my cousin through uncle dick (John Gilbert) and Isobel Flemming, Alaric's not so dead wife.

So, where to start this time...

Mason Lockwood came back to town, he was a werewolf. A curse that is carried throughout bloodlines, not an infection caused by a bite. The curse is triggered when death is caused by the carrier of the bloodline, be it by intentional murder or accidental death.

Mason is dead now, killed by Damon.

I've had the displeasure of meeting the previous doppelganger Katherine Pierce, born Katerina Petrova. She came to town alongside Mason and turned up to the Mayor's wake pretending to be Elena.

It is easy for me to feel the difference in their auras, but, it is eerie how identical she and my sister are. The only difference in their appearance is Katherine has naturally curly hair while Elena's is pin straight.