30,

Humming along with the radio Idrissa drove towards the Salvatore Boarding house with a sense of mild curiosity

                    Humming along with the radio Idrissa drove towards the Salvatore Boarding house with a sense of mild curiosity. It had been a few days since Elena became a vampire - although it didn't happen according to Nik and Idrissa's original agreement, instead it happened a day later.

Bonnie Bennett had interfered, again, teaming up with Tyler, Stefan and Damon to dessicate Nik before he had the chance to give Elena his blood.

Whilst they prevented her dying of bloodloss, they didn't really save her at all. In fact, it was only by sheer dumb luck that Meredith Fell had turned up at the Gilbert House to collect her things - which she had left behind before Alaric's dark ego fully took hold.

Upon knocking but receiving no answer Meredith had used the spare key finding a collapsed Elena, the brunette doctor took it upon herself to give Elena vampire blood while keeping the whole incident hush hush, believing it was better left unsaid.

However in typical Mystic Falls fashion Elena died just hours later.

From what Idrissa had been told Alaric had found where Damon had hidden Nik's body in a storage unit out of town and the dark-hunter had used the Indestructible White Oak Stake on his dessicated body and Rebekah had seen it happen. Damon had told Rebekah to run, selflessly holding back Alaric to give the Original a chance to flee.

Around the same time Matt had been driving Elena out of town, when a distraught Rebekah found them. She had been on the phone with Stefan at the time, calmly informing the Ripper that the only was to stop Alaric was for Elena to die before causing Matt to crash his car off Wickery Bridge.

Stefan had rushed to the bridge, saving Matt as instructed by Elena who then drowned before Stefan returned for her. Elena's body was in the morgue when Meredith chose to reluctantly admit what she'd done, that Elena would wake up in transition.

It was all abit of a mess for the next couple of days.

Once Elena woke up in transition Stefan and Bonnie had convinced her not to immediately complete it, they were certain Bonnie could keep Elena human. The Bennett witch then used more black magic throughout the day in her attempts - which ultimately failed.

In the meantime most of the vampires in town had been captured, including the weakening Elena who had barley survived the whole ordeal, feeding just moments before she died, again.

That same evening the pastor and eleven other council members died in an explosion after the vampires was freed. The explosion has been ruled as an accident because of a faulty gas line, but, nobody really believed that to be true.

Idrissa didn't feel bad about how it all went down.

Although she was irritated that Bonnie had dessicated Nik using spell she'd learnt by watching Idrissa preform it after her own mother had refused to teach it to her. It wasn't even how Bonnie had learnt the spell that irritated the luminous eyed sorceress, but, the fact she'd used Matt as the surrogate sacrifice.