20,

Idrissa stared incredulously at Niklaus before turning towards Kol with inquisitive eyes, "He's joking, right?" she asked wearily

"Nik doesn't joke darling," Kol stated with a hint of irritation at his brothers lack of concern, "he will play along and let them set their trap."

"And the rest of you will just go along with it?" Idrissa questioned, "Why?"

"The only weapon they have is the dagger, which doesn't work on me," Klaus answered before Kol could, "you shouldn't doubt me sweetheart."

"I've never been one for blind faith," Idrissa stated turning towards the hybrid, "and I especially do not think your plan is smart. In fact I think it's entirely stupid and I'm wondering why I became friends with you."

"Well what would you do if your so bloody smart?"

"Turn one of the Bennett's," Idrissa shrugged easily as she pushed her empty milkshake away, "your mother is channeling an unbroken bloodline of witches from both the living and dead, so I would break it."

"You can't be a vampire and a witch," Kol stated with a pain laced voice, "it would break the connection. A witch is nature's servant and a vampire is an abomination of nature."

Idrissa looked curiously towards Kol and she saw an ancient sadness in his eyes, it took her but a moment to realise that he was speaking from personal experience, he had lost his magic.

"Nature," murmured Idrissa as her mind flooded with thoughts, "you lose access to nature which is the basis and fundamental requirement of being a servant of nature." Kol was looking at Idrissa questioningly as she spoke.

Both brothers watched as she reached into her bag - which was apparently much deeper than it should be as her whole arm disappeared into its depths before she pulled out a notebook with a picture of a cobra on the front and a pot of ink, she then picked up a napkin and muttered "Scribblifors," and Kol was amazed to see it turn into a quill of all things.

"I've met alot of witches but I've never seen magic used like this before," Kol spoke intrigued whilst looking at his older brother, "the spell she used earlier was something I've never felt either, her control over her magic is completely different. What kind of witch is she, Nik?"

"She told me she is a Sorceress," Niklaus shrugged at his younger brothers question, "she never actually explained what it meant, only that she is not a servant of nature. In fact she takes offence to being compared to them."

The brothers shared a curious glance before looking back at the green eyed sorceress who was writing in squiggly lines - the language she had earlier called parseltongue.

Lost connection to nature - look into other sources of magic.
Check past life memories of vampires - Sanguini had magic even after turning.
Is the difference because of the the lack of own power source without nature?