34,

                    Four days had come and passed whilst Idrissa and Nik remained trapped inside her childhood home when Idrissa had started to feel dizzy before suddenly collapsing, dead

No injuries or any visible cause or explanation of how she had suddenly died, much to the horrified confusion of Nik who had watched helpless as she dropped to the ground lifeless without any obvious reasoning as to how she had died...

"Kol is going to haunt me," the hybrid mused dully in his confusion at her absolute lack of pulse as he pulled his hand away from her neck, "because of course the love of his life goes and dies without a bloody cause with me as the only witness."

Four days earlier during the first hours within the confines of the barrier Idrissa had taken the initiative to attempt at breaking the spell by stretching it outwards, she hadn't wanted to risk directly connecting her magic with the Expression's twisted corruption due to Kol's warnings.

So, stretching it out seemed like the best option.

Nik had been entirely curious when Idrissa demanded he helped her, or rather, participated in her casting.

Idrissa had reopened the cut on her palm before asking Nik to do the same on his opposing hand, she had then joined their bleeding palms together whilst softly murmuring a spell to keep Nik from healing for a few moments.

"If I get some crazy ancient disease from our temporary blood connection," Idrissa had looked at Nik without heat, "I hope you know I will magically castrate you, and make you wear your testicles as earrings."

"The only risk you'll have is a temporary risk of vampirism," Nik smirked, unaware of Idrissa's suspicion about her inability to be changed, "so, try not to fall down the stairs and break your neck, sweetheart."

"Unlikely, I'm not very clumsy." Idrissa snorted, "Although I do hope that I can actually stretch this disgusting barrier enough to at least get up the stairs," she mused, "because, I really need to pee."