Chapter Twenty-Nine

Hello my lovely readers.

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Is he...?

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

I am fighting to overpower the corruption of Tartarus. My soul is purity itself and Tartarus the dark to my light. My purity, my innocence, my compassion is in this part of my soul, the part that was cast out of me during my many deaths. If I am to be whole and strong, I need this part to be saved.

"I am your salvation." I tell him and he closes his eyes to help me.

Though I do not want it inside me, I need it back so I can protect Artemis. Even though I hate to admit it, I might actually need this part of me to be alive again. I always feel empty and maybe...maybe this is why. Maybe I do need this. I hate it when gods are right.

I jerk him forwards and catch him as he falls. As he falls, my power cleanses him completely and he rejoins with me. I gasp at the sudden power rush. I fall to the ground as the moonlight beams up into the moon again. A hand is placed on my back and I look up at my Guardian.

"You alright Perce?" Nico asks.

"Yes Nico, I am whole again. I will be just fine. My strength has returned. I am finally at peace. No more turmoil is inside, my former life has officially come to an end." I answer in a deep, velvety, musical voice.

"You had me worried. You were taking forever." Nico grins and helps me stand.

"Gods, was I really a little kid for awhile?" I ask him and he starts laughing.

"Yeah, do you remember?" Nico asks after he can breathe.

"A little bit. My mind can see why it happened and I agree with its decision, but I do not like it. But I prefer the younger part." I answer and turn into a fourteen year old.

Nico just looks at me. "What are you doing?" Nico asks with a raised eyebrow.

"Like Artemis normally stays in her eight year old form, I will most likely be in a similar age for the same duration. Most of the Guardians are this age or a year or two older. You still look fourteen. The hotel has had an effect on your growth rate Nico. You should be sixteen, but you still look fourteen. You can choose to stay in that form or let the immortality age you to an age you want. It can always be changed, but if you choose to age you cannot return to this look. Do you understand?" I reply.

Nico nods. "I'll stay this way for the time being Percy. Jason is twenty, Piper is twenty. Thalia is fifteen. Frank is eighteen or nineteen along with Hazel. Raphael is twenty. I may be the youngest looking, but I'm older than some."

"I understand. As you can see, I will around yours and Thali's age. This makes me very happy." I smile and clap his back.

"Do you have a fourteen year old mindset?" Nico asks hopefully.

I raise an eyebrow and roll my eyes. "I can let it influence me, but not now. I don't really feel the need to act like a fourteen year old. I stay in this form for my younger Guardians. You have the choice to run around with me like Artemis and her Hunters. You are my lieutenant of the Guardians. You are also my Guardian. You will always be around me. The others may join us at any time they wish. But their duties are given to them by those they protect. If they have time and their respective god or goddess lets them, they may travel with us."

Nico nods and grins. "I get to be with my best friends forever! Awesome. WHat am I supposed to be doing?"

"Right now, we need to get back to the throne room. I would guess they are waiting and I am tired. I need to sleep. It is for the best." I tell him.