Chapter Eighteen

Sorry, I was dealing with...a few problems and some family visits. If you didn't notice, I started 'War's Champion.' I thought since it wasn't overused, it would be a good thing to write about. Now, for what you've all been waiting for, chapter 18, my lovely readers.

Chapter Eighteen: Camp Half-Blood, next to Thalia's Pine.

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

Artemis and I walk down the hill and towards the Artemis' cabin, hand in hand. She asks me about the cave and I answer her. Just before we get to the door, she asks, "What did your mother mean?" Artemis asks and I stop us. I shut the door slowly and turn to face her.

"She meant my ex step-father, Gabe Ugliano happened. I know I must tell you everything and I want to. I just never talk about it. It doesn't seem real anymore. But it happened. It won't reverse. And the marks are gone. Shall I tell the hunters as well?" I raise my eyebrow at her.

"Do you mind?" She looks at me worriedly.

"Not at all. I suppose they have a right to know. Though, Thalia already knows. She is part of my 'therapy' as your brother loves to make me talk about my life. Instead of just Tartarus, he made me talk about all my problems. And I trust Thalia. She promised not to tell anyone." I anser.

"On the Styx?" Artemis wonders.

"No." I shake my head.

I open the door again and usher her in. I close it as I step inside. As I turn to face Artemis, I realize the lights are on and find that Dadarios is surrounded by angry hunters.

"Girls! Calm down! This man is a Protector of a symbol. You must not harm him. He only followed orders." Artemis pushes through the crowd of hunters and they disperse back to their beds.

"Which symbol does he protect?" Phoebe is the first to speak up.

"My predecessor's. My lady, I must finish the task. May I take my leave?" I ask Artemis and she smiles, nods, and comes to hug me. I hug her back and she heads to Thalia's side. "Thank you milady. I will tell you the story when I return. I have told you of my experiences, tel them to pass the time. Come, Protector Dadarios. The Airia's Protector is in place. Now it is the Verafold's turn. It needs to return to the mortal world comepletely." I tell him.

"Yes, Guardian." Dadarios walks up to me.

"You can call me Perseus if you wish. I'm going to transport us by moonlight. But first I must find the Lord of the Wild I know of. Are you ready?" I ask and he nods. I smile and place my hand on his shoulder. I flash us to where I sense Grover. We scare the life out of him and he bows immediately.

"What can I do for the Guardian of the Moon and Hunt?" Grover asks in a kind tone.

"I require the skills of a Lord of the Wild. May I borrow you?" I try to ask in a nice tone, but fail miserably. My smile is a grimace and he looks up at me.

"Of course, Guardian." Grover nods and rises.

"Wonderful. We are traveling by moonlight. Don't freak out, Lord." I say and place my other hand on his shouldr as I flash to an unknown place of wilderness under the light of the moon.

Dadarios walks to the middle of the clearing and I lead Grover after him. Dadarios looks at me, for permission to plant it here. I grin at him and nod. "It will prosper most there. The place where moonlight will touch every part of it. Once it bears more seedlings, plant them around the clearing. After that, I will find a new wild place for them to grow. Plant the seed, Protector."

Dadarios plants it in the ground, he must have the knowledge of the plant then. Good. It makes it easier to help it grow better and healthier. He rises and comes over to me. "Ezekeiel, use my body to help the Verafold's Protector." I look up at the moon and call my fellow Guardian's name.