Chapter Thirty Four

Hey there my lovely readers!

Chapter Thirty Four: Flashbacks and Explanations

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

As I wait outside the door, I think about a few of the instances where some things were more occupational rather than for my pain, but it still hurt worse than what they did to me before then. It seems to me now that only Gaea enjoyed the one torture in particular.

Flashback

I fall to my hands and knees as my chains are released. "What do you want now?" I cough out in a rough and hoarse voice.

Kronos makes me look at him. "This is going to break you. Mother wants to hear you scream. She wants to be the one to cause you to scream first. To beg for mercy. This will be the beginning."

I spit in his face. "I've been down here for a very long time and you haven't gotten me to scream yet. Don't count on it." I growl.

"Still defiant? But your body can't take much more stress before your mind snaps for it." Gaea smiles viciously.

I narrow my eyes at the sparkling, jagged, and earthen chains in her hands.

"What are you going to do? Switch my normal chains with those ones?" I bark out a laugh.

She cackles with glee. "Oh no. These are not for anything like that. Well, not at first anyway. You'll see and feel it. You'll definitely feel it. I'll make sure of that. Good thing you can't die. Especially down here."

Kronos pins me down. Gaea walks over to stand above me. "Would you like to guess at what she is going to do?" Kronos asks.

"I don't care. Do what you want. There's nothing left for me. I don't see the point in something useless like life." I tell him.

"I don't want to miss this. I have a feeling this will cause him to finally start cracking. The first step in breaking him completely. Tear him apart. from the inside." Tartarus says and leans in the doorway with Annabeth.

"This is so splendid. I can't wait to hear your delicious peals of excruciating agony." Gaea says cheerily.

She lets go of the chains but uses her powers to suspend them in the air. I focus on not making any noise and try to become blank as I realize what's going to happen to me. There is so much length to the chains that Gaea must have had to use her powers to even carry them here. There are thousands of ends.

She hovers them above me and moves the ends to touch various parts of my skin, my body. Then it begins.

The ends start to dig into my skin. After a few minutes, I can feel the jagged rocks jutting into every muscle, tissue, vein, you name it. They run through my legs, my arms, fingers, toes, hands, feet, thighs, the entirety of my torso, one even goes through my neck. But they leave my head alone.

This time I can't help it, and as I start to be suspended throughout the feel by my entire body of chains and they all tighten and dig further in, I scream in horrible pain. It's the first time they got me to scream and it's louder than I've ever have done before.

Flashback End

"Perseus?" Artemis asks worriedly.

"I'm fine. Are the girls ready to eat?" I reply.

She nods with a perplexed look. I smile at her hugely and lead her and the girls, along with Nico, to the dining room where there is tons of food waiting.

We all sit down and eat. As I eat, I think back again. Looking for anything or searching for something.

Flashback