Chapter Thirty Seven

Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. Now that that is out of the way, let's get this show on the road my lovely readers!

Chapter Thirty Seven: Waking Up To A Different Kind Of Surprise

Point of View: Artemis Jackson

I wake up with my head on Percy's chest and my arm slung over his midsection. I look up to find him awake and just laying there, his arm over his eyes, but they are still visible, and staring at the ceiling. I immediately know what he is feeling because it radiates off of him. He's upset but happy.

"Upset because I woke up with my jumbled up emotions in that setting and happy because of you. And before you ask, yes, you did speak aloud." He startles me. He seems to notice. "Sorry." He apologizes and I smile.

"It's okay. I understand and it's not like it's your fault." I tell him and he smiles a little bit, but it doesn't stay for but a few seconds before it disappears. "You feel different to me."

He bursts out laughing and it catches me completely off guard. I am not used to him being so interactive with his feelings. Definitely different. "Tell me, Artemis, why would we feel different to each other?Hmm?" He kisses me lightly and then chuckles. "Perhaps the act last night?" Then he rolls out of bed and I stare. I didn't look while we were...yeah.

He laughs as he hears my thoughts and looks over his shoulder, smiling brightly. I turn red and get up. He doesn't even look embarrassed and moves to the dresser by the wall. "Why aren't you red like I am?"

"Because nudity isn't something that bothers me and besides, I don't stare. I could I suppose, but I don't feel like making a habit of it. It's not really my thing." He tells her with an amused smile on his face.

"So I'm not good enough to stare at?" I ask hurt.

He's towering over me in the next half a second. "There is only one woman that I care to look at. I don't have to stare because I'll be with her forever. I have all the chances in the world and all the time a man could ask for to be with her." He cups my face and leans down so our lips ghost over each other when either of us speaks. "You are perfect in my eyes. There is no being lovelier than my Moon. And I am married to you. I will stay with you forever and my life would be forfeit without you. You make me whole Artemis, staring has nothing to do with it. With one glance I know you are mesmerizing to my gaze. I don't need to stare to see that. You stare because you were so used to seeing my scars, not my unmarked body." He presses his lips against mine and pulls away after a few seconds. "Besides, you should get dressed. I am going to take you somewhere before we have to return to the world." He laughs and gets dressed.

I follow his example and put on my clothes. "Why didn't you just summon your clothes on your form?"

"Why didn't you?" He counters and laughs. "I just felt like being normal for once." He winks and then I am in his arms as he flashes away with me.

We are under water in a cavern that shines beautifully with the corals of light. There's a blanket and a basket for a picnic and several melodies are playing naturally from the way the water rushes over different plant life and then swirls into it as it goes away, only to come back again. I brighten at the little place. "It's beautiful." I say breathlessly.

He just smiles and continues towards the blanket. He sets me down gently and then sits down beside me. He empties the basket in front of us. "It's a breakfast picnic. I didn't give you the third paper that appeared in my hands from Hestia. Hera sent me a blue one, but you'll see when it happens."

I giggle and his eyes sparkle at seeing me so happy. He pours me some sparkling apple cider and then pours himself some. He looks a little distant and absentminded though...