Chapter Forty Seven

I am still mad and upset. That just makes me more depressed...Great. Anyways, PJO/HOO are owned by, the man himself, Rick Riordan.

Chapter Forty Seven: A Meeting of Fate

Point of View: Third Person/Perseus Jackson

I walk through the woods trying to clear my mind before I explode on a camper. That would be detrimental and I am just stressed. This is why I didn't want feelings. I never got stressed over stupid emotions before and now it's just havoc. I finally stopped being jumbled though, so that helps a lot. 

I came clear to Europe so I wouldn't be anywhere near the camp and just walk, but when I see a black clad figure, my guard is hardened. I wait for the man to approach me and when he does, I recognize him. It takes me only a few seconds to realize which presence it is that I remember. But I am not so sure about his identity. It could be who I want it to be or someone utterly different. 

However, when he draws his hood down, I know exactly who it is. "Lord Chaos." I kneel.

The man comes up to me. "Do not kneel to me, child. I have seen you somewhere lower than this. Far lower, we both know that. I think you know I am much like you with the formality situation." Chaos speaks kindly, yet that mystical and magical air is all around his voice.

I rise uncertainly and look at him, practically glaring. "You came to me, why?" 

Chaos smiles a little, somewhat sheepishly. "Corruption was right about one thing," Chaos says and Percy growls at him. "I did mark you as a newborn. But you already know the reason, he told you."

"What is the mark for?" Percy snaps.

"To show the nature of your soul. You are Corruption's bane, child." Chaos says.

"I am not a child." Percy tells him coldly. "I long ago gave up my innocence to that place beneath our feet. Do not think just because you are older, that gives you a right to refer to me as such."

Chaos holds up a placating hand. "Very well, I understand." He studies Percy closely. "I never expected so much...good in one person. Even with all the darkness you crawled out of."

Percy watches him as he speaks. "Yeah, sorry to disappoint the Creator of the Universe. I didn't know he was stalking me up until a few months ago. Forgive my rudeness of not following destiny." 

Chaos's eyes widen. "Resentment, I am sorry." He sighs. "I am not goods with words. I normally do not speak or interact with an individual so closely."

"Whatever. What do you want?" Percy replies bitterly. Chaos motions for Percy to walk with him and as they go along, Percy sighs and runs a hand over his face. "Sorry, I am not used to dealing with emotions. Forgive me. I am acting like a child for goodness sake."

Chaos chuckles. "I completely understand. You have nothing to apologize for."

"Thank you." Percy says and walks silently next to the Creator.

"You asked what I wanted..." Chaos starts, then stops and sighs. Percy looks at him out of the corners of his eyes. "I want you to make my brother fade."

"I planned on it." Percy nods. "Artemis flipped out on me when I told her. She thinks I will fade if I do that for him, Tartarus, and Gaea. I assured her I was capable and all the gods know I won't be doing anything other than priming and guiding the spell on its way. Half their power will be drained, even if I did participate, only a partial amount of mine would be, but I need even that for the battle. The demigods, most are too young to be in a war. I want all of them to survive, but no war is without its casualties. So I'll make the other side take all of them. They think I plan on dying, but I don't plan to. However, if it is inevitable, I will gladly forfeit my life to save theirs. They would never understand."

Chaos smiles kindly. "Yes, there are some things that need to be done."

"Surely you did not come all the way out here to tell me you want your brother to be erased from existence." Percy turns to look at him as they walk.

"No, you are right. But, I see I don't have to talk to you about much else. Perseus, you have given so much, endured so much, there is nothing more I could ever ask of you, but I must ask one thing." Chaos stops, making Percy stop as well, and looks at him.

"Name it." Percy shrugs. "What is one more thing?" He smiles weakly.

Chaos laughs. "My brother and kids, if you can, just save them from themselves, They didn't always used to be this way. Annabeth...she deserves whatever the Fates have planned for her, but, I just want to see my family happy once more. I have lived so long, too long, and for a long while now, all I have seen is death and carnage, kids murdered for petty grudges. I want it all to come to an end. I want peace for this world."

Percy nods slowly. "You want me to do for them what I did for Hyperion and the others. Do you know what could happen if I tried that with Corruption in whatever state I may be in?"

"I know. It is a selfish man's request. But it is also an old one's plea. I want my brother back. I miss him so much. It has been so long since I have been able to come near him and truly love him as a brother." Chaos says sadly.

Percy puts a hand on Chaos's shoulder. "I will try, but I will not guarantee you anything. It is a lot to ask of me, but I am willing to give it a shot."

Chaos brightens. "Thank you, hero." Then he smiles hugely, vanishing into thin air. 

Percy's hand drops and he smiles wistfully. "If I ever grow to be that old, I hope I don't have to deal with this crap anymore." He shakes his head and flashes back to camp, thinking and strategizing on how to save those three fools that started this dam war.

On and on and on we go, my lovely readers!