Chapter Forty

Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO in all of the two series glory! Speechless because, well, look at the chapter number...Onwards, my lovely readers!

Chapter Forty: Figuring Things Out

Point of View: Third Person

After the little episode with his father, Percy heads to the Realm of the Moon. He walks clear to his home in the Valley of the Hunt. When he walks through the doors, he heads straight to his room and just looks at the bigger bed.

He sighs. "Artemis." He murmurs. He smiles a little. "Looks like it will be different from here on in. I couldn't bear to lose her now. It would be worse than before." He whispers.

He sits down on the bed and then lays down. He looks up at the ceiling, contemplating over everything. It's only a couple hours later when he feels a light pressure on the bed beside him.

"Thinking again, my Guardian?" Artemis asks him.

He sighs and turns his head to gaze at her, her eyes melting his tension immediately. She smiles at the effect. "I am always thinking, my Moon. There is not much in the way of stopping me. I am needed."

She smiles. "It is time you rested. Let others worry along with you. I know you want to spare others and bear the burdens from their shoulders, but you cannot do it alone. It is impossible."

I chuckle and shake my head. "Not impossible for me, but I will try. It is hard to not help others." He wraps his arms around her. "Especially those that I love," He whispers. "With all my heart." He kisses her.

She smiles into it and he jumps a little as she touches his old Achilles' Heel with moonlight.

"Artemis." He says breathless.

"I never showed you because it was nerve racking before. Now that I am used to it, I can show you." She says.

"I thought you wanted me to sleep." He laughs.

She sighs. "I do."

"What do you want?" He asks her.

"For you to sleep." She grumbles.

This makes him chuckle. "I think you need to sleep as well."

She snuggles into him further, burrowing into his warmth. He holds her closer and smiles.

When she is close to sleep and so is he, he asks a question. "Are you sure you want them?"

Artemis looks up at him tiredly and kisses his cheek as she smiles. "Absolutely."

Her answer warms his heart and his eyes flutter closed. She smiles and kisses his cheek again, watching him sleep. Even in his younger form that he switches into, he still looks older and more mature than you could ever think him, but when he is sleeping, he looks so young and like nothing in the world could make him grow up. She closes her eyes and falls asleep, entrapped in his embrace.

~The Next Morning~

The huntresses all look in to see their patrons and Phoebe and Thalia come inside first before others follow. Still some others standing in the doorway. Thalia shakes Artemis and she looks up at her. Artemis glances at Percy to find him still sleeping. She slips from his hold and climbs off of the bed.

"Milady, is he alright?" Atalanta asks.

Artemis nods. "He is still healing. Leave him be. He is finally resting."

Everyone nods and files out into the dining room where brunch waits for them. They all thank Naisha and begin a conversation.

"Is it the emotions and all that has been going on?" Thalia asks.