Chapter Thirty

There are no words for how excited I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EEEEKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, I'll stop torturing you and get on with the story!!!!!!!!Here it is my lovely readers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chapter Thirty: Oh my...

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

I hear someone clear their throat and immediately recognize Nico's voice.

My eye flutter open to find that the entire Hunt and Nico, arms crossed and smirking, are giggling and laughing quietly so as not to wake up Artemis. I roll my eyes and look down at my wife-to-be. She is really close to me and I notice she wears a smile in her sleep. Her hands are balled in my shirt in her tight little fists. I laugh under my breath softly and gently pry her fingers loose without waking her. I lightly leap off of the bed without jostling it and tuck her in. I know it is only early in the morning, as we fell asleep early in the night. I kiss her forehead and whisper, "I'll be back before you know it. Stay safe, my Moon." 

Artemis snuggles into the blankets and a soft smile graces my lips. I lead everyone out and into the family room. We all sit down. The giggles turn into huge fits of laughter and Nico is rolling on the floor. I chuckle at them and after a little while, they all settle down and give me expectant looks.

"So, you're leaving with Nico?" Phoebe asks sadly.

"And going down to that plae?" Thalia growls.

I smile kindly and sit in between my two favorite sisters. I wrap my arms around them. "I'm only going beause I'm the only one able to do it. Nico is just being a stubborn child. I am doing it because I love you all. If this will help us all come out alive then I am doing it."

"And what if your mind can't handle it?" Phoebe whispers.

"I'm a solid will now. I am not so weak as to be bothered by the horrors lurking those barren plains. I will be absolutely fine. I will bar the worst of the horrors from my Guardian's mind as much as I can to spare him." I kiss her cheek.

"Be careful, please. We don't want to lose a brother." Jade bounds over and onto my lap.

I look into her eyes. "You know as well as I do that you will never lose me."

She grins. "I'll hold you to that you know."

I boom with laughter. "Good. I'll need a good kick in my hind end sometimes. I'm hoping you'll keep me straight."

Everybody giggles and Nico gives me this look. I nod and set Jade on her feet on the ground. I hug every last one of them. "Nico, say your goodbye to Thalia before we go. I will meet you at the border of the valley." I tell him.

Nico nods and goes off with Thalia. 

I head back to my room and peer in to see Artemis in much the same position as she was, but on her side instead of her back. I sit down next to her. I sigh and lay my hand on her cheek, rubbing my thumb across her cheekbone. Her hand dazily comes up to hold mine, still sleeping. 

I laugh. Cute, my Moon. Very cute. I think. I watch her face for the longest time until I kiss her cheek and slip my hand out from hers. I close the door behind me without any noise and soundlessly exit my place.

I meet Nico at the border and he speaks, "Underworld first, right?"

I nod seriously. "Yes. I am going to place protection on your father's realm. We shall seehow much it will help."

Nico grabs my arm. "What is my magic?" 

I smile at him. "It seems you are healing and shielding talented.They are a very good combination to have."

Nico's mouth drops open and he snaps it closed instantly. "How do I use it?"

"That, my friend, depends entirely on you." I pat his shoulder.

"How do you use yours?" Nico inquires.

I look up as I think about it. "Well, now I can pull it from my heart and soul whereas before I just pulled it from my loyalty. That's probably why it was so chaotic and hard to control. I didn't have al of my soul and my heart was missing vital emotions."

Nico nods. "Am I the same?" He asks unsure.

I draw my dagger. "There's one way to find out." I tell him and slice a line down my left forearm.

Nico gasps and immediately grabs my arm. I let him concentrate on it and it takes him a good solid five minutes of trying several different things for him to heal my arm and restore my blood. When he opens his eyes, he glares at me and I grin at him.

"Seriously?! That wasn't smart!" Nico exclaims.

I sheathe my dagger and roll my eyes. "Stop whining. That was a mere prick in the finger. How'd you use your magic?"

Nico looks thoughtful. "Uh...I influenced the abilities with love and they worked."

I smile kindly at him. "Often, it takes love to heal and protect someone. It is a good way to use your magic, it makes it all the stronger."

Nico smiles brightly. "Underworld here we come."

I chuckle lowly and shake my head. I place a hand on his shoulder and flash us onto the shores of the Styx.

I'm still writing, don't worry your heads now dears. Rick Riordan owns PJO/HOO. I am working on the next chapter now, my lovely readers.