Chapter Sixteen

Bad news my lovely readers...............

Chapter Sixteen: Camp Half-Blood

Point of view: Nico di Angelo

Demeter flashes us away and we end up in the Artemis cabin. Artemis smiles at Kyla and I.

"This isn't my doing! Sorry!" I get out quickly so I don't get turned into a jackalope.

"Relax, son of Hades. I asked Demeter to send you here. I expect you have something to ask me. A favor from your father perhaps?" Artemis comes towards me.

"Daddy wants us to travel with Percy!" Kyla exclaims excitedly. "Are you the Hunters of Artemis Percy told me about?" She asks curiously.

"Yup. In the flesh." Thalia comes up to Kyla. "This your little sibling, Nico?"

"Yes!" Kyla shouts at Thalia.

"C'mon Thals. I only have two little sisters." I whine.

"Whatever, Death Breath." Thalia rolls her eyes and turns her attention to Kyla. "Your name is Kyla, right?" Thalia kneels down to her level.

"Yup!" Kyla pops her 'p.'

"You want to hang out?" Thalia asks Kyla.

"Yeah!" Kyla jumps up and down.

"I must take care of a few things." Artemis tells us.

"Moon carriage, my lady?" Phoebe asks.

"Sure. We'll go with that. I must check on the Guardian. Demeter has him...under watch." Artemis disappears in a flash of silver.

"I hope brother is okay." Atalanta says.

"Auntie Demeter wanted to talk to Percy. Does that help?" Kyla asks Atalanta.

"Yes it does!" Atalanta tells her happily and walks over.

"What do you want to do first, child?" Phoebe asks Kyla.

"What is there to do?" Kyla asks.

"Anything really. Thalia is in charge since Lady Artemis and Percy are gone." Phoebe says.

"Why does it matter if Percy is here?" I ask.

"Because the Guardian is our protector and he has a say in everything that includes us. But he doesn't care if Lady Artemis thinks it's best. When she isn't here, he's like overbearingly protective. Like a mother bear." Thalia answers my question.

"Now I got it. It makes sense." I nod and nudge Kyla further towards the girls. "I have no clue what girls like to do. Kyla, I'll be in the cabin that looks like father Hades if you need me. I need to take care of a few things with the news uncle Percy got us." I say.

"Uncle Percy?" Thalia asks in confusion.

It's my turn to roll my eyes. "Yeah, I told her to call him Uncle Percy. She was concerned even though she never met him because I told her he is like a brother to me."

"Oh, gotchya." Thalia says.

"How old are you, Kyla?" Atalanta asks.

"She's eight right now." I answer for her. "I do have one question though."

"Which is?" Thalia asks.

"Is Lady Artemis going to ask her?" I ask quietly.

"It depends." Phoebe says.

"Hades wants her to come back when a matter is resolved, but I think he knows she might join. I try to take her with me on the tasks that aren't horrifying or dangerous, which are like never. But she normally hangs out with the servants in the Underworld. Sometimes she'll play with Daedalus and his family, but I think she needs more people to nurture her. And I don't know how to. Hazel is busy and the gods can't interact with their children all that much." I say.