Episode 91: Returning Back

Hi guys, here's the next part. This episode marks the "real" new beginning in Kaira's lives. Thanks for your support so far. Please keep supporting and keep loving from here after also.

Happy Reading!

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Kartik was driving silently. Naira was also keeping quiet, even her tears had dried out. They both weren't in a state to even begin a conversation, they didn't want to start a conversation at this point of time. They had just witnessed a death, a suicide.....it was more than too much for them to grasp anything. Someone had died today, neither of them expected to witness a death during this whole rescue mission but indeed it happened and it completely shook them from their roots. Kunal's death was unexpected for either of them.....it was unplanned, it could've been avoided. Did he deserve this? Did he deserve such an end? A debate was going inside their heads. The thing that was making them feel terrible was the state of Kunal's father. They couldn't take the scene off their mind where he was weeping beside his son's cold, motionless body. He had to go through so much at this age, watch his son suicide in front of him. His misery was incomparable. Indeed it is rightly said that parents have to bear the outcome of their children's deeds.

If Kunal would've been alive, he would've spent a meaningless life in jail. It was him who chose to die, it was his decision. There was so much hustle going around. Today had been so terrible and hectic for both of them that this silence and each other's presence was only giving them peace. Only the sound of gear changing and horn was being surrounded within the enclosed shield of the car.

Kartik was in his own state of mind wondering that what if his plan of bringing Kunal's father to the spot was the reason that things got triggered and eventually out of control? What if Kunal took that step at the heat of the moment? Was he forced to do so or did he do it voluntarily? By bringing Kunal's father, Kartik just wanted to make things easier for all of them, he thought Kunal would realise his mistake and apologise but he never expected him to take such a step! Is Kunal's death justified? Yes, the outcome was brutal but if he had been alive, he would've surely killed somebody so better he took his own life and ended it all.

It was 6:30 PM in the evening, now that winters had almost arrived it was almost dark by this point of time. Kartik turned on the headlights and sighing deeply, he continued driving through the suburbs. Naira closed her eyes finally, trying to get some much needed rest but whenever she used to close her eyes all the incidents that happened today used to flash in front of her eyes thus snatching her sleep again. Both of them were mentally and physically tired and very much disturbed by recently occured incidents.

There was utter silence when Kartik's phone rang. It was Vivek's call. Kartik turned on the bluetooth of the car and Naira handed him the phone so that he could receive the call. Vivek's voice was now audible to both of them.

Vivek: Hello Kartik sir....

Kartik(focusing on the road): Haa bolo Vivek....

Naira was hearing their conversation blankly.

Vivek: Aap ghar pahuch gye kya??

Kartik(changing the gear and taking a turn): Nhi abhi raste mein hu...bolo kya Hua hai??

Vivek: Kuch Hua toh nhi hai sir....bas aapko inform karna tha ki Kunal ki body ko police ne uske father ko handover kar diya hai since he wanted to do the last rituals himself.....aur jahan tak uske partner Vickey ki baat hai....usey life imprisonment pakka hai....and about other people who were involved...unke liye bhi imprisonment hai lekin abhi tak tenure decided nhi hai....