Episode 74 : Kartik Gets A Threat??

Hey guys, here's the next part.

The episode starts in Kartik's cabin at the Goenka Headquarters.

Kartik is working on his laptop at his desk very focused and sipping coffee simultaneously. Just then, the landline rings. He stops typing on his laptop and picks up the landline.

Kartik(busy tone): Hello...

Person(P): Hello is this Kartik Goenka??

Kartik(typing): Yess...speaking!

P: Mr. Kartik....this is Steve, the PA of Mr Mayor...

Kartik stops typing on his laptop and sits back on his chair after he hears the name.

Kartik: Oh..yes...Steve...hi...you guys were supposed to reach here yesterday, right? We had the deal...

PA: Yes I know that...But Mr Kartik, there has been a problem...Mr Mayor has had some personal issues to tackle due to which we had to call off the meeting, we hadn't flown from Vienna in the first place!

Kartik(worried): So does that mean the deal has been called off?

PA: No sir....we'll try to plan it some days later, but not now at this moment...

Kartik(sighing): Yeah ok....I understand.

PA: Thank you sir...

Kartik ends the call and keeps the landline on its holder. He sighs tiredly and rubs his forehead in stress.

Kartik: Yaar pehli deal thi meri...woh bhi delay ho rahi hai!

He buries his head in his hands and closes his eyes to relax himself a little. He raises his head and drinks some coffee and then starts working on his laptop again that he gets a message notification. He picks up his phone and reads the whatsapp message, it was from an unknown number.

 He picks up his phone and reads the whatsapp message, it was from an unknown number

Kartik is shocked at the messages. Who the hell is spreading rumours about his marital life? Frustrated and angry, he dials the number of the sender. The call is picked up in two-three rings.

Sender: Hell-

Kartik(gritted teeth): I'm gonna make your life hell if you don't tell me who the f are you?! Ye kya kya messages kar rhe ho tum mujhe? How did you even get my number? And these rumours?? How dare you spread them?

Sender: Shayad aap mujhe bhool gaye sir....yaad nahi hai? Aaj Press Conference mein....woh reporter jise aapke father ne bahar nikaal diya tha just because I asked some genuine questions....

Kartik: (scoffs) oh really?? Genuine questions? The questions that you asked my wife, those were bullshit. Aur agar kuch ulta seedha chapne ki koshish ki meri biwi ke khilaf toh the outcome isn't gonna be good...