Episode 129 - The Tropical Paradise

Heya peeps...!!

Look who's back? Haha...

Sorry for keeping you guys waiting for so long....was very much busy wid academics and other things.

Sincerest apologies

So...this is the next part. Please vote and comment below.

Happy Reading..!!

-----------------------------------------------------------

NUSA PENIDA

BALI, INDONESIA

Kartik and Naira had reached their destination. Kartik pulled over the car on a deserted road that was covered with mud and puddles due to the incessant rain. There were multitudes of greenery, lush foliage surrounding the narrow, isolated road from both the sides. There was no other car around except theirs, not even a soul passed by the road.

Kartik turned off the car's engine and looked at Naira who was cluelessly staring front at the not-so welcoming surroundings. The place seemed strange and eerie to her. The grey blanket of clouds hovering in the sky and the dense rainforest like appearance of the place gave it a spooky vibe. Naira was staring blankly at the surroundings through the windshield of the car that was covered with tiny droplets of rain, when all of a sudden Kartik snapped his finger in front of her face bringing her out of her trance. She turned to him to see him grinning.

Kartik: Chalein?

Naira(in disbelief): Kahan chalein Kartik? Yeh kaisi jagah hai??Itni daraawni hai.... Koi bhi nhi hai yahan....kitni sunsan hai yeh jagah...aapko aisi jagah hi mili ghumne keliye?! Kahi yeh navigation ne hume galat jagah toh nahi laa diya hai?!

Kartik sighed and held Naira's arms.

Kartik: Naira.....yeh kya tumne toh bahar nikalne se pehle hi assumptions bana liye iss jagah ke baare mei..!! Yeh jagah daraawni thodi hai.....and(chuckles) the place where we are supposed to go is at a walkable distance from here....main thodi na tumhe koi daraawni jagah lekar aauga ghumane keliye....tum bhi na....!!

Naira(realising): Oh....

Kartik moved away from Naira and unbuckled himself.

Kartik(unbuckling himself): Chalo jaldi chalte hain....hume andhera hone se pehle wapis hotel bhi pahuchna hai....mausam kisi bhi samay bigad sakta hai...!!

Naira(nodding meekly): Okayy....(unbuckles herself)

Kartik and Naira come out of the car and Kartik locks the car with the remote. A chilly wind was soaring through the leaves of the dense tress. Naira draws her silk woven shawl more tightly around herself while Kartik forwards his hand to her. Naira smiles faintly and places her hand in his and both of them pave their way towards the place that was still a surprise for Naira.

<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•<>•

Walking a couple of miles on the greenish, grass-covered trails of the dense forest, they at last felt like they are closer to their destination. The way was through the forest and therefore not even throughout. There were broken logs of wood and thorny bushes blocking their way due to which Kartik had to hold Naira's hand throughout and guide the way out. Naira was pretty clueless and sceptical about this place but she trusted Kartik. Moreover as they approached closer to the place, the dense tress started thinning out towards the edge of the forest making place for a beautiful landscape that amazed both of them.