200 Days

Pilsook's POV

"All you need to do is become diligent. Okay?" the professor said assuring me that it is possible to lose 30kg in just 200 days. I look at her full of hope. This is it! My chance to change Jason's answer.

"Become more diligent..", I repeat trying to engrave it into my brains.

"First, diligently follow the diet plan I come up with for you", she said explaining.

I suddenly felt nervous but I make sure to take down notes as we get into details. 

"Eat breakfast like a queen, have lunch like a peasant, and dine like a beggar"

I gulp just imagining it, I feel like I'm already starving. Can I do it? No!! I must do it. I circle down my notes and put a must-do written in red beside the circle.

We then went to the exercise regime. I know I'm a bit lazy with exercise just thinking about it makes my head hurt. But I'm gonna focus.

"Jump roping is a very effective form of exercise. With your frame, just 30 minutes of jump roping will help you shed 200-kilo calories"

All right jumping rope, I take note of it in my notebook.

"Shall we start?", the professor suddenly ask taking me by surprise.

"Just try it? Can you?" I see in her eyes that she has doubt. But I use to do this before when I was younger I can jump 100 times with this. 

"Ahh, okay. I'll give it a try", I pick up the jumping rope feeling all confident. I did the 1st one with ease makes me a bit proud. I another one and then two more and slowly I started to feel out of breath. I feel heavier every jump and after 5 I finally missed one and collapse on the floor.

"Diligent and determination", she repeated and put something on her note. I wonder what is that.

After class, she handed me my diet plan. "We must follow this very strictly if you really want to lose 30kg in 200 days. Very strictly. Understand?"

"Yes, thank you. I can do it!", I told her placing my fist in front of my face.

"Hwaiting!", she said mimicking me before walking away as if nothing happens.

I came home after making a copy of my new diet plan and exercise regimen. I feel refresh and brand new. This is it! This is my big break, my new start, a new Pilsook will emerge. Wait for me, Jason. Muahahaha!

"Eomma, Appa?!", I called out as I walked into our house feeling all giddy.

"Oh, Pilsook why?", they came rushing thinking it was an emergency. My dad even slightly slips on the floor.

"Ohh~~ please be careful", I said as I assisted him up.

"What is it? What's the emergency?" He said all alert.

"Oh, there is no emergency", I told feeling a bit shy as I shake both of my hands in front of my face assuring them everything is alright and smiling brightly.

"Here", I handed them both a copy of my diet plan.

"What is this?", my dad look at it very confused scratching the top of his head.

"My new diet plan made by my professor", I beam out.

"What?!" Did your professor ask you to lose weight? Should I talk to her?"

"No, I decided I need to lose weight. I have to"

The things I do for Jason, I told myself.

"Alright?"