Sweet Forgiveness

“what flavour do you want?” the ahjumma asked us.

“Chocolate” I answered cheerfully.

“ a very cheerful ahgassi, how about you” He asked Jonghyun.

“chocolate juseyo” he said and smiled.

The ahjumma left us and was readying the kitchen for us.

“ I thought you will never come” I said shyly.

“ I also thought of that.” He said playfully and continued, “ I think that I can’t continue being angry at my bestfriend”

“komawo” I said as I was rubbing my fingernails against each other. He then patted my head making me smile.

I really thought that he wouldn't come. that he wouldn't accept my apologies but seeing him here with me. I'm really glad.

<*flash back>

“let’s practice” Jason told me while holding my hand.

“Mianhe, I think I need to skip practice today”

“But”

“Mianheyo, I need to go” I said and ran away from him. Even if I wanted to stay by his side, I need to fix  things up with Jonghyun.

I caught him up by the river. It was his favourite place. He was so silent just staring at the blue river.

“Jonghyun~ah, Joeseungnida “ I said and bow  at him.

“ Leave me alone.” He said angrily.

“In the first place, I should have believe myself like you always do.” he was still silent and I continued,  “ Jonghyun you were always by my side and I have neglected you for the past few days. Please forgive me.” I pulled out the ticket for the cupcake factory. “ this Friday, I will be waiting for you at 10 in the morning.  If you will not come then it means you are not accepting my sorry but I will always believe that you will come.” I  didn't get any response from him so i left the ticket on his side and ran away weeping.

I don't want to believe that our friendship will just end up like this.

<*end of flashback>

I look around the shop looking at different yummy cupcakes.Then the ahjumma came out and called us.

She taught us how to bake the cupcakes. She was really so passionate in what she was doing making me amaze. she explain us the basic and then give us the material and tell us to try to make our own.At first Jonghyun did not comply telling that he's not really good at this stuff but after telling him that I'll be fun, he finally gave it a try. We were like kids that were being taught how to write. She then guided us and at last after two hours of fuss we were able to put it on the container and finally into the oven.

“as we are waiting for it to cook, let me tour you around this little factory.” She smiled and we follow her. I wasn’t really paying attention to what she was saying about the history of cupcakes because I was just staring at all the cupcakes on the stall.

They all look so yummy and ready to eat...kekeke.

Then as I turn to look at Jonghyun and he immediately took his eyes off me.

What was he doing?

Is he  staring at me?

I can feel my cheeks getting hot as the thought of him starring at me cross my mind.

“What is it” I asked him.

“uh, nothing. Just missing my bestfriend.”

“ehem” the ahjumma interrupted us. “ maybe the cupcakes are ready for designing” and then she led us back to the kitchen.

The cupcakes smell so good. The smell was tasty itself, much more the cupcakes will be. There was a total of six cupcakes that was taken out of the oven.

I was then about to taste it then Jonghyun put icing on my face.

“Ya!” I yelled. He then burst out into laughter and I pouted. Consequently, I also put some on his face when he wasn't looking. The ahjumma then threw us the apron.  She smiled and told us that if we are done, just call her. We nod in response and then she escape the room grinning.

We were silent for a moment and then the icing fight begun. We start running around designing one another with sprinkles and a lot of icing. We laugh looking at the mess we done with one another.

I bet I taste really sweet right now with all the icing and stuff.

“ I think we will not be able to taste the cupcake if we will not be decorating.” He broke the fight grinning at me with some icing still on his face. I smile and noded then took the tissue on the table and started wiping the icing off me. He also did the same. after cleaning ourselves up we started on our cupcakes.

I grab the pink icing and then started to make the pattern of my guitar. I then hummed “Only One”by B1a4. He started singing the song and I joined him in the chorus. After singing, I felt my heart was about to burst from happiness. This is one of the happiest day in my life. I'm going to write that one.

“ you done with your cupcakes?” he asked me lookiing over my shoulders.

“Ne!” I happily answered as I turn around to look at him. I didn't realize that he was just standing behind me as he was few inches away from me when I did the turn. His eyes caught mine. He then hold my face and wipe off something in my cheek. He was so close to me and I was frozen.

“ Clumsy you!” he chuckle as he moved away from me.

“  Jonghyun~ah, komawo for everything” I said following him.

“ thank you too for everything” he once agin look at me that eyes of his, they were sparkling. It was a moment of stillness as we gaze at each other eyes. It suddenly felt akward so I decided to divert my gaze on his cupcakes.

“ WOW!” I said amazed. “ you made a design of our guitars. Oh! You also made a musical sheet and this one is beautiful.”

“I made this to represent our friendship that will get stronger and stronger every second” he said as he raised the cupcake which has a design of us in chibi form. It was really so fascinating.

“ May I look at your designs?” he said and I nod right away.

“ this one is like my guitar, the other one is a person with a cap and the last one is me singing on a stage. Because of you, I think I can accomplish my dreams.” I said and look at him, he look so fulfilled with what I had told him.

“ I think this one resemble Jason” his expression became blank as he look at the cupcake.

I wonder what's wrong did I make Jason chibi a little bit ugly?

“ I am going to give it to  him.” I said shyly as I look at it aswell.

It looks fine to me.

“ Ahjumma we are done now.” He called out and distance himself from me.

“Is anything wrong?”  I asked him as I really notice the sudden change in him but he said no. I might have just imagine things as I saw him smile at me. The ahjumma wrap our cupcakes and gave it back to us. I thank her for all the help and the fun day we had and also promise to visit her again.

“Thanks for this day” he said smiling at me and then went off. I didn’t understand him. I heard my phone beep. Someone texted me.

“Thanks for the day, wish we would be able to do things like this all the time. I am sorry to leave so fast, I just need to do something urgent.” it was Jonghyun.

"Thanks chinggu-ah I'm really going to make it up to you so don't kick me out on our guitar lesson, arraso?

kekeke (^o^). Take care.. hwaitting~ (*^^*)"

I can't hide the smile that was forming on my lips as I hit the send button. It was sure fun enjoying a day with a friend. I open up the box of cupcake I was carrying and look at the cupcake in the middle.

'now how am I going to give this to Jason?'