That's Mine!!--Jason

Jason’s P.O.V

“That’s mine”, I grab the skirt away from Jo in Sung’s hand before her name can be exposed. This crazy bastard is getting on my nerves.

“Yah! Skirts is a female clothing” he said

I bash away from him trying to think of a good excuse.

“Guy’s where pants”, he added.

“You use pants for guys and girls”, I corrected him. “Then those who are wearing pants are guys”, I pointed out.

“Does this even make sense”, his voice has gotten weaker.

I’m just saying that mine is mine. Do you have any problem with it?

He gulped “Wh-hat?

I rolled my eyes annoyed and decided to walk away.

Speak...Slow”, he demanded.

I took the uniform and walked backstage. I saw her sitting on the stairs, she looks really upset. I didn’t know if she realizes that I was there because she continued to sit silently not looking back. I hanged the clothes at the rail which is besides her. I stopped and walked down passed her. She seems startled with my sudden appearance as she bounced from her seat. I hope she saw her uniform behind.

I headed to the library to escape those guys earlier. I was already half asleep when someone suddenly slap the book on the table. I look up startled.

“Jason!” professor Shi was standing in front of me, her eyebrows crossed.

“Wae?”

“Have you forgotten you got a practice for the opening ceremony?” she reminded.

“Ah! Yeah, I had totally forgotten”, I stood up and went my way to the dance studio.

I had been picked to perform a solo act as the opening of the school ceremony. So I had to do my best and practice hard. Teacher Shi was the one who picked the song I’ll be performing because she was the one handling all the dance performance.

As I enter the studio Lee Ri Ah was sitting there waiting.

“Annyeong!”, she greeted.

“Hi”, I greeted back.

“I heard you got a practice today. You might need help”

“No, thanks I can manage”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes”, I said as I started to warm up.

“Then I’ll be just watching”, she giggled.

I stop and look at her as she smiles playfully. I was slightly irritated with that attitude of hers.

“I’m sorry but I don’t need an audience during my practice so please leave”, I gesture her toward the door.

“What! Alright”, she flipped her hair and walked out stumping her feet. She is really annoying but I need to practice so I started as she was out of sight.

I’m much comfortable practicing alone. I’m free to move and relax when I’m alone, but it seems they don’t understand what alone means as they came up peeking on the glass wall on the side. I was getting annoyed as the girls’ starts to file up on the side taking pictures but then I saw Kim Pil-Sook. I smiled at her nevertheless she also smiled. Then later on, teacher Shi suddenly came and they all run off.

“Again”, she commanded.

I had repeating the dance for about an hour and a half and she is still not satisfied.

“Professor, I’m here” someone called from behind.

I finished the turn and glance to the door, Yoon Baek Hee was standing there. She looked at me and smile.

“Am I done?” I asked.

“No”, teacher Shi flashed back at me. “I’m not yet done with you”

“But” I hesitated.

“No buts!! You rest for awhile, while Baek Hee practices her dance. You’re not allowed to go outside this room”

“Why?”

“It’s an order”

I know I can’t do anything. After a while Mr. Kang Oh Hyuk entered the room and called teacher Shi due to a faculty meeting. She went out telling that she would be right back immediately.

As I was peeking through the door to see if teacher Shi was gone, Baek Hee turned of  the music player and sat beside me on the floor.

“Mianhe” Baek Hee broke the silence between us.

“Huh” I said confused because I haven’t interacted with her eversince school begun.

“I am sorry for what Jo In Sung had done earlier” she said and continued, “I guess he had hurt her feelings”

 I took a bottle of water and take a sip and continued to listen.

“If I was her, I should have run away and cried”

Cried!!

Did she perhaps cried? This thought never slipped my mind until now.

“is she alright?” Baek Hee asked.

I nod my head.

I guess so?!

“She is very lucky to have a friend who will stand up like what you did”

Chinggu? Are we friends!! Maybe acquaintance because we never had a real conversation.

I stood up and grabbed another bottle and give it to her. “Here take this. I know you are exhausted from dancing.”

She smiled at me and said thanks.“komawoyo”

I then grabbed my jacket and walked out of the dance studio before teacher Shi come back.

“Ya!” Baek Hee called. I didn’t look back at her and continued to walk away.

I called someone to pick me up.

15 minutes passed and Nickhun arrived with a motor bike.

“Jason!!” he said and threw me a helmet.

Thanks!”

“Kaja!!” he said and we headed off.

The next day as I headed my way to the school gate afraid to be late for the 2nd time I caught a sight of Pilsook wearing her school uniform she always carry on a boy doll on her hands I wonder why. She suddenly glanced in my direction and I was sure our eyes had met. She immediately turns away and run off.

My eyebrows crossed in disbelief, “What’s with her she should be thanking me instead of running away”

I went to my locker and saw hearts stickers and a lollipop attached on it. I directly opened my locker and get my things trying to hide the smile playing on my lips. After I was done, I swiftly get the candy and smiled as I headed upstairs.