First Heart Ache

Jason's POV

Students start to pile around the bulletin board looking at the student ranking in the assessment and the total points everyone gain. I also went my way to check it out myself and they gave me way. I stare at the piece of paper wanting to melt it as I saw the name on the top list.

Go HYEMI!!!

That girl tops the assessment while I rank 2, well she got a perfect score and I wonder how that happens. So this means she’ll make it through the showcase by the end of the month. It was said Kirin usually have their showcase to share their talented and aspiring students, it’s one way for the students to enter big entertainment agencies.

I once again scan the paper and a satisfied smile curve on my lips as I saw her name next to Baek hee. She is finally going to have her break on stage that was good. I wonder if she already saw this, I bet she’ll jump in joy.

“Are you that happy ranking 2?” someone place his hands on my shoulders cutting me from my thoughts.

“Hyung?”

A white tall guy who had his eyebrow raised on me, shook his head. He was one of the person I was team up during the opening ceremony Il Woo hyung.

“I thought you like being the jjang of this school?”

“I am”, I told him full of confidence. Who wouldn’t like being the school jjang?

“Then what’s with that smile on your face as if you won a jackpot when you only rank 2nd best”

“Hyung that’s only in the assessment, look”, I pointed at the blue paper at the top right corner of the bulletin, “And this is the overall ranking of the student”

He went near it for a closer look, he blink twice infront of the paper then turn back to me.

“Way to go brat. I thought you already lost your shine”, he snorted and I just laugh as he look disappointed about seeing me on top.

“Hyung I don’t really care if I’m top or not but you knew I’m always up for a challenge”

“What do you mean?”

“I see the prep class as a challenge”, I told him and return my gaze back at the assessment result. He followed my gaze and when I look back at him his eyebrows are knitted together as if he can’t believe what he was seeing.

“Are they really this good?”

“They are no joke”, I smirk “That’s why they should be taken seriously”

He just nodded still eyes fix on the result. I then said my goodbyes and headed to my locker to pick up some stuff. I haven’t really checked it out this morning that’s why I wasn’t surprise to see the lollipop with the good luck note on it. A small smile plastered my lips as I pocketed the note and took the wrapper of the sweet candy. Since I already did a good job it’s time for treat.

I fix up my things inside my locker with the lollipop inside my mouth when my phone beeps. I fish it out from my front pocket and flip it open. It was Ri-ah reminding me about lunch; I hold the candy inside my mouth and begun typing my message.

Meet you downstairs.

I put my phone back to my pocket, close my locker and headed downstairs. I already texted Nick not to meet me since we always had lunch together and I was glad he didn’t ask any question. I’m sure if he find out that I’m going to have lunch with Ri-ah he will be begging me to let him tag a long and that will only bother her. On the second thought maybe I should bring him with us so it will be less boring, for me.