A Bite of Her Sweet Apology

Pilsook's POV

“When I turn back, I keep thinking of you

I get scared when I wonder if this is love

I like you so obviously

Even though my friends make fun of me la la la la”

I sang this part as I was heading home holding the cupcakes. I peek through the one I made for Jason. Will he like it?

OMO! I forgot I had deserted him during the practice. Will he be able to accept my apology? Aisht! Problem after problem. Eotteokhae!

I waited for Jason just near his locker but when he came in, he just walked past me. I was frozen from my place holding the box on my hand as I felt a sting inside my chest. Could he possibly be angry at me? The whole day I try my best to make contact or small conversation with him but he keeps on avoiding me. I just decided to leave the cupcake in his locker hoping that maybe everything will be going back to normal but I was wrong.

“Jason”, he walked past me not even looking.

“Jason”, he turn around and went the other way.

“Jason”, he didn’t look back and continue walking.

“Ja—“, the door bang close leaving me startled on my place.

 I wipe a tear that escape in my eyes as I look at him walk away. This something I didn’t imagine, something I don’t want to happen. Him pretending like I don’t exist, it’s painful. I marched toward the fridge looking for something that can make me feel better. Something that can lighten the tightening and heavy feeling inside my chest and that is sweet ice creams. I brought them all inside of my room engrossing myself in those sweets.

Sweets really do make me feel better, for awhile.

Jason's POV

I went to the kitchen as my tummy started to growl. I had fallen asleep on the sofa since I dashed out of my room. I open up the fridge and saw the little cupcake left in my locker this morning. I am sure this is from her, since she’s the only one holding on the cupcake factory box.

 Is this her way of saying sorry?

I took the cupcake and examine it. It has this cute design that looks exactly just like me, I smiled.

But Should I forgive her that easily?

I put the cupcake back to the fridge and took the cold pizza instead. . I cannot be that soft toward her and beside it was her choice to go after him than to stay with me. And I don’t think she already realize her fault since I heard she went out with that player.

I’ll think about it, I told myself as I headed to table.

I started nibbling on the now hot pizza as I flip the pages of a music magazine. After finishing it all up, I once again headed to the fridge to get myself a glass of water. As I open it up, I stare at the lonely cupcake that is waiting to be eaten. I sigh in defeat.

‘maybe I shouldn’t be too hard on her’, I told myself as I took a bite of her apology.

The next day after my second class...

I stand against the wall of her classroom waiting for her to come out but apparently she didn't. Her class was already dissmis and I wonder why isn't she comming out. Did she perhaps know I was here and since I've been avoiding her decided to avoid me too?

No, she won't do that to me.

"Excuse me", I called for the last girl that came out.

"Yes?"

"do you know where Pilsook is?" I asked.

"Ah, Kim Pilsook. she went out with Jo in sung a moment ago"

Jo In sung? What is he going to do with her? Is he planning making Pilsook join the people ganging against Baek hee's rival? Their group had been doing harsh things to that girl to kick her out of the school, but she sure was tough. I doubt Pilsook will join those bullies, she is sweet and kind hearted.

"Thanks", I said and was about to leave when she called on to me.

I look back at her confuse, this is the first time I actually talk to her and I don't have any idea who she is except she's one of Pilsook classmate.

"uhhmm, you know I'm really good in playing the piano. If you want I can play for you", she said smiling sweetly.

I smile back at her but I cannot let her hopes up.

"I'm sorry but I already got a practice partner and I had no plan on replacing her", I told her and went my way.

I run all around the campus trying to find them. Where could that Jo In Sung brought Pilsook? Finally, I saw Jo In Sung standing alone looking distance. I walked toward him and was about to ask him where she is when he started to mumble on his own.

"He's here again", he said sounding irritated.

"nugu?" I asked.

"Pilsook guitar teacher"

I look at where he was looking at and saw the player handing something to Pilsook.

"Teacher?" my eyebrow creased in confusion.

"Yeah, he is Pilsook guitar teacher and it seems Pilsook left her homewrok in his studio. He comes here and enjoy popularity among girls", Jo In Sung said shaking his head.

So he was just her professor, a smile crept on my lips.

"her professor, I see"

"ah, Jason?" Jo in sung look at me surprise finally realizing that he was talking to me. I tap his shoulders before walking away.

I laugh to myself realizing my foolishness. He was just her teacher for pete's sake, I just over think about their relationship and it even bother me in my sleep. I might have just imagine everything up.

Finally, I saw pilsook standing alone near the stairs talking to her doll. I decided to approach her.She look up at me as I make my way toward her and instantly our eyes met. At first she was kindda hesitating maybe thinking I was still mad at her but as soon as I smile, she smiles back at me. I stop few inches infront of her.

“Jason, I’m sorry for—“

“shhh, your forgiven", I cut her off smiling. She actually had nothing to say sorry for, it was all my misunderstanding. But then she left our practice.. maybe that's something she must be sorry of. But since I already had taken a bite of her sweet apology, I guess it's alright.

She look up at me startled and I patted her head still smiling.

“Practice later. Be there arraso?" I said before walking away.

"Neh!", I heard her cheer from behind.

I stop on my tracks to look back at her , she stop from rejoicing her cheeks turning rosy as she look at me shyly.

"By the way the cupcake taste really good, komawo"

I saw her face brighten up before I headed to my next class all smiles.

'I guess I'll be enjoying the rest of her apology later', I  silently chuckle as I took my sit and waited for the class to end.

---