Fake Showcase

Jason's POV

"I see you dude later", Nick said after dropping me to school. He has to do some errands first but he promise to watch my performance though I told him he doesnt have to. I just gave him a nod and proceed to one of the teachers who led me to the dressing room.

"You'll be the first one to step on stage so better get ready soon", one of the prof told me as she paths my shoulders and gave me a reassuring smile. "You'll do great"

I know. I just gave her a sly smile and proceed to check on the outfits hanging in the room. Well, they seem to prepare a lot for this day paying all the best designers, make up artist and stage directors. They are obviously showing off.

"Morning!!", Ri-ah beam out excitedly as she enters the room smiling to everyone like she always do but her smile drops once she saw me. She raise her brows at me then turn to call someone to do her make up.

"Okay, every one are you ready?" Prof. Seung Hee asked as she makes her way into the room. We all greeted her and turn back preparing for the show. She went her way to Soo Hyun who needs some repair for her clothes. She's the one assigned to check on the costumes and make sure they are perfect for the performance.

“Does this look bad?”, I heard Ri-ah asked as her assitant handed her, her dress. 

“It looks okay, why?” I asked as I turn to look at her “Why is it bad?”

Ri-ah turn to me with a grimace. I have no idea what's her problem is but her attitude is showing once again. 

“Jason, you must stay next to me. This way, people will be able to notice you more”

What the hell is she talking about? Damn it. Why did she have to repeat Professor Shi's words. Does she really think I need her? She is really getting in my nerves. Is she trying to tell me that I got no talent to be recognized by the other. HA! looks who's talking.

I look away trying to hide the irritation I’m feeling. She doesn’t know what she’s talking about. Calm down Jason. Calm down.

She then stood up from her sit to face me and I can see annoyance in her face.

“I’m so as unhappy as you are. Being on same stage as you”

"What did you say?" Now, I can't hide my irritation as my jaw clenched. This ugrateful girl after all I dod to help her out. No wonder no one wants to stick with her.

Fine, I’ll show them I don’t need her. I walk out with my hand bailed into a fist. Who need this damn boring showcase, anyway. Tss.

I haven't gone far away from the room when I overhear a teacher on the phone. He was saying that he needs to go back to the school to pick up the MR CD.

I stop on my track as I listen carefully. Did, I heard it right he needs to go back to the school?

“Okay okay, I’ll go back and get it”

So he is really going back to school.My eyes gone wide in realization. Pilsook and the others are having their own showcase at the school. They'll be in trouble if someone finds out. This is TROUBLE. I need to do something.

“Excuse me teacher”, I called stopping him “Where are you going? We are about to start”

“Back to school. They said they sent the MR CD there”

“Let me go then”, I volunteer with a smile. 

“Why should I let you go?” he then asked suspicious.