Stranger's Tears (special chapter)

Pilsook POV

I folded my little arms cross on my chest, pouting as I look at the empty street.

 “Pilsook, do you want to grab a cookie?” the ahjumma inside the house ask me holding a plate of chocolate chips cookie. I smiled at her as I stood up and took a piece of cookie on the plate. My mom was still busy chatting with her friend and seems to be having a great time.

I walked toward my mom and tug her sleeves.

“What is it Pilsook?” my mom asked.

“can I go out to look around?” I asked.

“eh, sure just don’t go too far”, her mom said.

“Uhmm”, I nodded as I held onto my little pink body bag which I always bring with me wherever I go out.

I held onto the strap of my bag as I walked around the area. The housing in the village was sure big and looks really elegant. I wonder when I will ever have a house like that. I was two engross in looking at the beautiful houses when I heard sobs coming from behind the bushes.

I took hesitant step forward before peeking on the side and saw a boy curled into a ball behind those bushes.

“are you alright”, I asked as I bend down looking at him.

He tilts his head up looking at me with his wet red eyes. He must been crying for centuries, his face all stain with his tears eyes and nose totally red and lips almost swollen, he must be biting it to stiffen his sobs. I stare at him waiting for an answer but then instead of replying back her eyes started it’s waterworks’ again howling a little louder.

Omo, did I scare him?

I was in a quiet panic not knowing on how I will be able to make him stop, then something pop in my head. I open up my bag and took my last lollipop out. I use to carry this bag to bring my goodies with me.

“here”, I said giving my lollipop to him.

He stops crying and once again look at me.

“Take this it can make you feel better”, I assume since sweets got that effect on me.

His face lightens up a bit as he reaches out for the lollipop.

“thanks”, he said looking away his cheeks turning a little rosy.

I sat beside him smiling as he already decided to stop crying. I took out the handkerchief in my pocket and once again offer it to him but once again he just keep on staring at me so I begun wiping his tears for him. He then grab my hand and took the handkerchief.

“I’ll do it”, he said again looking away as his cheeks continue to flash red.

I wonder what’s wrong with him, does he feel sick. He was surely looking all red.

“okay”, I reply also looking away.

“are you feeling better?” I once again asked.

He nodded in response as he plays with the lollipop on his hand. I took the lollipop from him open it up and once again handle it to him. He looks at me surprise.

“you shouldn’t play with your food”, I said pouting.  “eat it. It’s really good”, I said as I put it infront of his mouth urging him to take a bite. The surprise look on his face turns into a smile as he took the lollipop from me then he divided it in two giving me the other half and now it is my turn to look surprise.

He gave me a slight nod still with a smile plaster on his face and that’s when I immediately comply.

‘Mmmmmmm’, I can’t help to make that little sound as I finally get a taste of my precious lollipop that earn a little chuckle from my companion.