Managing A Fishing Ground

Jason’s POV

I was browsing my phone for a song to sing for the assessment. Since it is about song conveyance I need to pick a song that is touching and easy to convey. I skip on the dance and hip-hop albums and went on with the ballad and rnb, it’s the best choice.

 I look for a quiet spot where I can do my work properly. I sat on the stairs backstage as I found it empty. I put on my head phone first and started listening and the third song immediately hit me. A small smile curve on my lips, this is it, a song that I can easily catch the heart of the audience, a heartbreaking and touching song for all people who are in love and being left behind.

‘Ok, I’ll try this’

And so I begun practicing, I put myself in the shoes of the person who was in great pain due to the living of a lover. The feeling of not wanting to let someone go, even if you die, wanting to hold her still so that your heart won’t hurt and she’ll fix everything just by staying.  As the song dim and became just a background I then heard murmurs from the clothes rank on the side.

“Is there someone in there?” I asked as I stood up from my sit.

I walked toward it but when I look there where already gone but I was sure I hear footsteps. My brow creases in that thought of someone spying on me.

“Hey, Jason”, I look back to see Park Do Joon and Ju ah Jung walking towards my direction. Maybe it belongs to them and I was just imagining things.

“something wrong?” Ju ah Jung immediately asked me.

“Ani, why are you guys here?”

“Professor Shi called for the class, we’re just here to inform you”

“ah, alright. I’ll follow”, I told them and pick up my bag on the staircase and hung it on my shoulders. I then headed the classroom passing them in the process as they were still talking with one another on their way to the classroom. When I said I’ll followed I didn’t literally mean that I’m going to walk behind them or something.

The lesson begun and like the other lesson they were still emphasizing about song conveyance. They really want us to do great in the assessment, I guess it’s because of the bet Baek hee and the prep class had made. They really want the prep class to dissolve. I shook my head in disbelief, even the teachers has their own bet in this matter.

Professor Shi try to impresses us the importance of picking the right song in order to convey its emotion properly. Ah-jung whines that this task is too difficult, that’s when a smirk form in her lips. She imidiately called the professor that came down the stairs. Mr. Kang, the one handling the prep class student. Having no idea why he was called he easily comply and stand infront of Ms. Shi and that’s when the show begins.

So Ms. Shi calls Mr. Kang over and starts to flirt with him in front of the students. The other student starts to giggle, cheer and spazz upon the guy stumbling in his own words. He takes it at face value and stammers that he likes another woman, and Ms. Shi flips her flirt mode off as quickly as she can, asking if we knew what song she was trying to convey.

"Isn't this the lyrics for "shall I love you again?" I answer as Ms. Shi had switched it on, having demonstrated the value of artful acting.

“Ah!!!”, the other students all chorus upon realizing that everything was just an act.

What a bunch of fools, they didn’t realize she was just reciting the lyrics with emotions.

"You understand the feelings first, then put the melody to it", she instructed. "Then it'll help very much in conveying your feelings”