Wings

I'm such a sucker for these kind of fanarts

I'm such a sucker for these kind of fanarts. As always, credit to the artist!

                                          •

After that talk with Namjoon, Jimin had tried his hardest to replicate what he and Yoongi saw that morning. He had no idea how to do it, but figured it was somewhat the same as trying to control animals and humans.

It really wasn't.

Jimin tried, he really did. He even made the stupid motion of thrusting his hands out to see if it worked, only to flush dark in embarrassment when Yoongi gave him a weird look and asked what was wrong.

Because of this, Jimin sulked for a few hours. He had been so excited at the prospect of having some new and cool powers, but if he couldn't even make them appear again it didn't seem like it was useful in any way.

"It should be easy for me to access that glow again!" Jimin had complained to Bean. "I mean, it's just a glow? It's not like it involves anything hard. You would've thought that making yourself look just a tiny bit brighter would be easy peasy, but no!" Bean squeaked and butted his head against Jimins cheek.

Jimin nodded furiously. "You're right! So what if no one had seen anything like it so far? It's not like it's anything special! I shouldn't worry over something like that!"

Bean squeaked in agreement. Jimin sighed and sat up from the bed. It would've been really cool if he were actually special.

Then something caught his eye. It was the full length mirror that was beside the entrance of the bath room, and Jimin saw something glittering behind him. Narrowing his eyes, Jimin turned around, but didn't see anything. He turned back, and the glitter was still there, much more shiny than what his skin looked like that morning.

When Jimin saw what it was, he promptly let out a scream.

                                        ❦❦❦

Yoongi had walked to their room, going to tell Jimin that Namjoon had read up on a couple of things and wanted to talk to them about something.

Then he hears Jimin scream.

His heart dropping down to his stomach, Yoongi broke into a run, not stopping even when he wrenched off the doorknob of their door in his hurry to get it open.

He sees Jimin on the floor and rushes to him, falling to his knees and cradling Jimin's face. "Jimin!" Yoongi cried, checking his face for any signs of pain. "What happened? Why did you scream?" Jimin didn't answer, only jerked his face towards the mirror.

That's when Yoongi sees it too.

A pair of wings, fluttering gently rested on Jimin's back. Upon closer inspection, Yoongi noticed that the wings were attached to Jimin's back, and that they were solid, but thin. They were also incredibly small, no bigger than his palm.

"I-it was smaller be-before." Jimin whispered, shaking slightly in shock. No fairy had grew wings in the past few hundred years.

"They-," Yoongi cut himself off as he stared at Jimin's wings in awe. They were absolutely beautiful, shimmering and white, reflecting light and causing them to twinkle.

All the sudden, the wings shook and they grew bigger, now closer to the length of Yoongi's arm. It seems as though the wings would grow until big enough to let Jimin fly. Speaking of that....

Yoongi tugged Jimin up to his feet, the fairy looking at him in confusion and still wide eyed at the realization that he grew a pair of beautiful wings. "This is what Namjoon told me about." Yoongi said hurriedly. "It's why I was here so quickly, because Namjoon found something related to your wings and sent me here to tell you."

Yoongi tugged Jimin out of the room, the two of them ignoring the gapes and stares as they caught sight of Jimin's rapidly growing wings. It was hard not to, for they caught the light and the eyes of everyone.

The wings fluttered as Jimin ran, who had yet to learn how to control them properly. For now, they just flapped and moved by themselves.

Yoongi burst through Namjoon's room without knocking, startling the other man who jumped a foot into the air. "Yoongi, what-?" Namjoons voice tapered off when he caught sight of Jimin's back. Yoongi grinned and had Jimin turn around, the fairy doing so shyly and showing Namjoon his new wings.

"Dude," Yoongi exclaimed excitedly. "You were right!" Namjoon stared open mouth at Jimin's wings, his eyes widening even more when the wings fluttered and grew bigger, now almost covering Jimin's entire back.

"Can you move them?" Namjoon asked, and Jimin made a face of concentration before the wings started to flap rapidly. "It's seems they are not yet at their full potential." Namjoon mused. "But this is huge!" Jimin blushed pleasantly, the shock at seeing himself having wings registered into his mind.

"Are we going to tell everyone?" Namjoon blinked. "Only if you want to Jimin. If you don't want to, I'm sure there is a way for us to hide them." That gave Jimin an idea. He closed his eyes and concentrated on the warm mass on his back. He focused on reeling it in, suppressing it, and when he hears Yoongi gasp, he knows he did it.

"It's gone!" Jimin looked back to see the shimmering wings gone from his body, the only signs of it being there was a pattern of light shimmering and curling lines, so dim you couldn't see it unless you were close.

"So I can make it disappear for a while!" Jimin whispered in awe. "That's so cool!" While Jimin got acquainted with his new wings, fluttering them and hiding them, Namjoon and Yoongi discussed about what this could lead to.

"If word got out it might put Jimin in the spotlight. Positive spotlight, yeah, we could handle, but if it were something bad that got their eyes on Jimin, then it wouldn't be a good thing." Yoongi said, watching the way Jimin giggled when his wings grew bigger again. "I agree." Namjoon replied. He sighed, leaning back and running a hand through his hair.

"However, I think we need to let the council know." Yoongi bristled at the suggestion. "What are you thinking Joon? Half of the council are maggots and-," he lowered his voice. "And would do anything to get power!"

Namjoon laid a hand on Yoongi's shoulder. "But think about it, should one day Jimin would be in danger, do you think we'd be able to save Jimin by ourselves without anyone else?" Yoongi didn't answer him. "Yoongi, if the council knows, it could help in that scenario! Even if it's half of the council they have more power than if it's just the two of us!"

Yoongi sighed and looked at Jimin fondly. He was worried mainly because, well, Jimin was an easy target, with how trusting he was. Yoongi was worried that Jimin might get taken advantage of.

He looked back at Namjoon, who was waiting for an answer.

"Fine. Let's tell the council."

🧚🧚🧚

I hoped you liked this chapter! I did :3