Epilogue

It's been fifty years.

Fifty years since Yoongi lost Jimin. After his death, Yoongi had spent the first twenty years shut up in his room, not speaking to anybody. It took another thirty years for him to talk normally to people again.

The vampire who had taken Jimin, was discovered to have also abducted countless children from various species, and as a result, many seeked revenge.

And even after that, after fifty years, Yoongi would often blank, staring at nothing while people around him chattered.

Taehyung had cried for months, and the two with the most ties to Jimin would often sit quietly together, eyes closed. It was a way for them to heal themselves.

After fifty years, Yoongi had asked his father for permission to leave the realm.

"This place..." he murmured. "It's still so suffocating." Daewon only nodded. It was true.

The next day, Yoongi left with a bag full of necessities, and some of Jimin's possessions. He had hugged his friends goodbye, but didn't tell them when he'd be back.

He doesn't know how long it will take to heal.

His first day in the human realm, was confusing as hell. He had never realized how far humans had advanced until he had almost been hit by those metal things they called cars.

It was interesting.

His first year was spent wandering around and getting himself familiarized with the new technology so he didn't look like a total dunce if someone were to ask him something.

His second year was spent trying to get an identity, because apparently it was illegal without one. Or rather, it made thing hard to do without one.

His third, fourth, fifth, and sixth year was spent getting what humans called a degree. He managed to disguise the fact that he never had an educations with some help, and somehow managed to pass by.

Then in his seventh year in the human realm, that's when he met him again.

Yoongi didn't expect it, really. He had been on the phone talking to one of his colleagues about an upcoming project, when he entered a cafe to pick up a few coffees.

"Yeah yeah I know double chocolate chip frapp with caramel and syrup, jeez, how are you not dead yet?" Yoongi grumbled, placing his order with the cashier.

"It ain't for me Yoongz." The voice said from the other side. My brothers friend is at my house and my brother basically blackmailed me into paying for a drink for him and his friend. His friend apparently has a huge penchant for sugary drinks." Yoongi wrinkled his nose because that sounded a lot like someone he used to know. He ignored the sharp pang on his heart.

"And also just a coffee for me and my brother." Yoongi heard a loud, "hey!" Before his friend chuckled and hung up.

He picked up the tray of coffees and left the cafe, flagging down a taxi and getting in.

In ten minutes, he arrived at his friends house, balancing the tray in his hands as he rang the doorbell.

The door swung open and his friend reached out for the tray. Yoongi let him as he kicked off his shoes.

Walking further into the house, Yoongi froze. A familiar smell enveloped him, soft, sweet and supple. He hadn't smelled this in over fifty years.

"Oi, Yoongi, you're looking kinda pale." His friend said, frowning at him. Yoongi shook his head to clear his thoughts. "It's nothing." He says hastily as he follows him to the kitchen.

"Hey! Dumbass! Your coffee is here!" Yoongi heard a muffled, "Fuck you!" Before two pairs of feet could be heard descending the stairs.

That's when Yoongi saw him. Granted, his hair was no longer the light pink it was before, nor did he have the same magical shimmer that surrounded him all the time.

But it was the same face, the same eyes, same lips, same everything. Dammit.

His friend nudged him and Yoongi quickly looked away.

While they worked in their project, Yoongi learned that Jimin was in his last year at high school and had applied to the same university they were in. He also learned that Jimin was three years younger than him and was apparently very studious.

Dammit, Yoongi missed him so so much.

When Yoongi was about to leave, a finger tapped him on his shoulder and he spun around to see Jimin holding his wallet out for him. "You almost left it on the kitchen table." Jimin said, flushing when Yoongi pinned him under his gaze.

"Uh, thanks." Yoongi said quickly, his heart fluttering when Jimin smiled at him. "Well, I'll see you around?" Yoongi smiled at him and nodded. "See you around, Park Jimin."

Oh, he was definitely going to be seeing him around.

🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️

I know that I left on a sad note last time, but I finished the epilogue to conclude this book. Again, thank you everyone who read this book. I'm glad you did.

❤️❤️❤️