The Council

•

                                           •

Yoongi sighed from the safety of his bedroom window. For the past two days, multiple carriages of important magical species leaders and their councils have been pulling up to the grand front gates of Yoongi's home.

The Kingdom of Werewolves.

The reason being to discuss the next plan of action to combat the rising violent actions of the vampires. Ever since the new vampire leader had risen, the council of magical species had increasingly grown worried, not sure what to make of the sudden change.

They had even started to attack humans in the human realm as well, which did not bode well with the rest of the species.

You see, during the dark ages, where vampires, witches, werewolves, and fairies alike preyed on vulnerable humans and the eating, indulging, had become so common, humans had started to defend themselves in ritual burning, or simply hiring hunters to kill them off.

This threw the balance between the human realm and the magic realm into chaos.As they had never expected humans to start to rise in power.

Bloodshed resulted from both parties, until finally one representative from each species made a deal with the human leaders.

The deal was that as long as they stuck to their respective realms, there will no longer be any conflict, or killings, or hunting.

This resulted in the founding of the Council, which was made up of leaders from each kind and a small group of trusted people. The purpose was to ensure peace in the future generations. And peace was kept.

Till now.

Fortunately, over the years of no face to face contact between the human realm and the magic realm, the humans had slowly begun to forget they existed, and in turn, they had become myths.

Yoongi eventually got bored of just watching from his bedroom and made his way down the spiral staircase to mingle among the newcomers. As he did so, he noted the unique scents each individual had, some were quite pleasant, while some smelled like burnt rubber and rotting wood.

It made his nose hurt, and his forehead wrinkled, so he walked quickly away to try and find somewhere secluded. Unfortunately, he didn't take into account the whispers that would start when people noticed him.

"Isn't that Alpha Mins son?"

"The one they say is sick?"

"Do you think there's something wrong with him?"

Yoongi gritted his teeth and sped up his pace. He hated having those things said to him, because they just don't fucking know anything.

They don't have a clue as to what happened, so why must they talk like they do?

He pushed his way through the crowd, not wanting to stay anymore in this suffocating place. Thankfully, he knew where to go.

"Tell me why it was a good idea to hold the council meeting here."

Yoongi's longtime friends Namjoon looked at him while absentmindedly reading a book. "Because it was our turn."

"And everyone just happens to come? I don't think council meetings were this crowded before." Namjoon sighs and puts down his book.

"Do you want me to be realistic?" Yoongi nodded and spread his arms wide. "Please do."

"It's because you are the son of the leader of the werewolves, and people find it strange that you hardly come up. Other sons and daughters of leaders spend all day getting exposure, while you are hiding in the shadows." Yoongi scoffs at this.

"So they think it's appropriate to gawk at me?" Namjoon shrugged. "Apparently they do."

Yoongi sighed and leaned back into his chair. Seeing that he had no more words to say, Namjoon picked his book back up again, flipping through several pages to find where he left off of.

After a few moments, Namjoon looked over to where Yoongi was sitting and noticed that the other had dozed off.

Chuckling quietly, Namjoon stood up and gently layered a blanket over the werewolves frame.

"Don't worry, soon the meeting will start and they'll be gone."

When Yoongi opened his eyes again, he noticed that Namjoon was gone from his desk. Probably in the meeting. His mind supplied. This means that it was no longer crowded in the hallways.

He sat up and noticed that he was covered in blankets. Ah, of course rely on Namjoon to be stoic some times, but is secretly a bit of a softy.

He folded the blankets and lay them over the back of the chair, and left the room, making sure to close the door behind him.

Just as he thought, the hallway was empty now, everyone going to the meeting. Humming happily under his breath, he walked without care, taking this time to look at what they brought before they came back. Things such as gifts, as it was a custom to provide gifts to the hosting party out of politeness.

There were rare meats, potions, fairy dust, and Yoongi thinks he even saw an occasional mermaid tear and scale.

They were pretty much useless, in Yoongi's eyes.

Suddenly, Yoongi hears a noise, and he whirls around to try and identify the sound. Somewhere in the distance, Yoongi hears someone singing softly, sweet notes echoing almost hauntingly against the stone walls of Yoongi's home.

Enchanted, Yoongi feels his feet move without conscious, and he heads towards that sweet and wonderful sound. He wants to find, no. He needs to know where that voice is coming from, and who it came from.

As his feet move across the stone tiles, the voice gradually getting clearer. It lead Yoongi to their massive courtyard, where trees, shrubs, and flowers alike bloomed.

The voice was closer now, so very close.

Yoongi rounded a corner and came upon one of the more beautiful fountains, with Koi fish swimming in the basin. He could see a small figure, a boy. Yoongi could also see wings sprouting from his back, delicate and glittering. The voice is clear now, and Yoongi could hear every word of that beautiful voice.

Even though Yoongi could only see the others back, he could tell the other was beautiful, with sun kissed skin and golden hair.

He made to approach the other, when he accidentally scuffles the ground with his feet, causing the fairy to tense. They got up quickly without looking at Yoongi and ran away, making Yoongi confused.

Who was that?

🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️

How was the first chapter?

Thank you for reading, and don't forget to vote and comment! ♥️♥️♥️