Stench of Death

•

                                         •

Yoongi had known that their peaceful lives wouldn't last very long. However, he didn't expect for things to go to shit so quickly.

Yoongi had woken up to yelling and the familiar clanking of the knight armour passing by his room. Getting out of bed and pulling in a simple cloak, he went outside to see what was going on.

He barely managed to avoid another troop of knights and soldiers, some yelling out, "sorry my lord!" He managed to catch Jungkook on his way outside, and asked him what was going on.

He learned that one of their villages were attacked, one of the many that were scattered around their kingdom. The village was essential as it was a large port village, and was the main centres for travellers and shipments. To be frank, it was incredibly important to their kingdom.

That was probably why the vampires targeted it first. It was largely their kingdoms fault, that they failed to take adequate measures to ensure the safety of the village. It was a huge embarrassment on their part.

Jungkook left, shouting orders left and right as he mounted his pitch black stallion, kicking the stallions flanks to encourage it to break into a trot. Yoongi almost wants to follow, but then he reminds himself he's wearing nothing but sleep pants under his cloak.

He trails back into the castle, wanting to quickly change into an appropriate pair of pants in order to go explore.

He was halfway to buttoning yo his shirt when there was a knock on his door. "Come in." He called, and the door opened to reveal a worried looking Jimin.

"I heard the commotion; Yoongi, what's going on?" Yoongi sighed and ran a hand through his tousled hair.

"The Vampires did something to one of our villages. Not sure what yet though, but I'm going to go see right now." Jimin watched as Yoongi fastened one last belt before saying, "Can I come too?"

Yoongi looked at Jimin. A part of him wanted Jimin to stay so he wouldn't see any gory shit that could possibly be there. But another part of him knew the purpose of Jimin being here is so that he could make his own decisions.

He nodded stiffly and Jimin ran back into his room to find something to wear. He chose a simple dress instead of longer dress, and draped a cloak over him, fastening the buttons before joining Yoongi by the entrance of the hall.

Yoongi hopped on a horse, a chestnut coloured one that was more quick than strong. He helped Jimin onto the saddle, the fairy wobbling a bit before settling down, his arms sneaking around Yoongi's waist.

He encouraged the horse into a gallop, leading them far away from the castle and in the direction of the village.

It didn't take very long for them to reach the village, taking only 30 minutes of their time, considering their kingdom was incredibly large.

But it took 20 minutes for the stench of death to reach their noses.

They arrived in a clearing, and the first thing the both of them could see are soldiers running around, carrying the injured on stretchers and medical staff kneeling on the ground over others.

The second thing they see is the sheer amount of dead bodies.

They were everywhere.

Jimin muffled a whimper into Yoongi's back, the werewolf feeling mounting anger with the sight of more dead bodies. He halted his horse and tied it to the nearest tree, helping Jimin down gingerly.

He approached the nearest one, and felt bile rising up in his throat.

It was a mother, cradling it's dead daughter to their chest as her eyes looked unseeingly up towards the sky.

He hears Jimin quietly sob and wraps his arms around the fairy, running a soothing hand down his back.

"Is it too much?" Yoongi whispered, and Jimin nodded. He brought him back to the horse and told him to wait for him to come back.

"There is something I have to see." He added.

He left Jimin by his horse, the latter patting the horse's nose gently. He walked back to where the mother and her child lay, suppressing the feeling of nausea rising up in him. He crouched down, gently removing the mother's hair from her neck.

Two red dots.

Yoongi inhaled sharply, before turning the child's head a bit.

Two red dots.

He stood up at the newfound discovery. Some may think that vampires simply killed the village by drinking most of their blood, but Yoongi knows it's not like that. To a vampire, drinking a werewolf's blood is something they'd never do, complaining that their blood tastes like dogs. To be frank, vampires hated drinking werewolf blood more than anything.

So it had to be something else.

Dusting off his hands, he stood up and walked back to where Jimin was waiting for him patiently, still stroking the horse's nose.

"Did you find anything?" Jimin asked, and Yoongi nodded. "I found two red dots on the side of their neck."

Jimin cocked his head in confusion. "So? Vampires drink blood right?" Yoongi nodded. "Yes, they do, but they don't drink werewolf blood." Realization dawned on Jimin's face, before scratching his head.

"But werewolf blood can't be that bad, right?" Yoongi chuckled. "You don't understand sunshine. Vampires despise werewolf blood, they literally cannot stomach it."

"Then what does?" Yoongi sighed heavily, taking one last look at the smoking village before riding away back to the castle.

"I don't know."

🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️🧚🏻‍♂️

Who could've drank the blood????

Thank you for reading and have a nice day/night!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️