Chapter 37

Harry

"I think we should go somewhere," Draco says out of nowhere. "What?"

"Like away from here. I think we both need a break, especially you." I scoff. "What makes you think I need a break?" I don't need a break. I'm fine. Everything's fine, I mean... Sna- Severus and I don't fight constantly, or at all really... I haven't wanted to do it since the fight with Ron, and Chris is even leaving me alone. For the most part. Maybe.

No, he's not leaving me alone.

But hey, I mean... Win some, lose some, right?

"Because you don't sleep at night. Something's going on. Did you and Sev or Ron have a fight or something?" 

"You know it's almost April..." I mumble. I start messing with Draco's sleeve. The end is fraying and loose threads are barely hanging on. "Which means school ends in like two months... Draco what am I gonna do?! Goddammit, I-"

"See? You need a break. We both need a break. I knew you'd be stressing about what to do when school ends. I have been, too."

"What are we going to do...?"

"I have money, Harry. You do too. You have money from your parents, from... from Sirius. You really don't have to worry about finances. I owled a bookstore in London, I'm waiting to see if I could possibly get a job there."

Why do I worry about it so much? I know I have money, but still... still.

"We will be fine. Gringotts fixed my account, I have more than I thought I did. If need be I can help you." I don't want your help. "And you will not give back any money or clothes I give you. Now. I have an idea."

"Hmm?" Maybe a break would be good? "Why don't we go to the Room of Requirement? Chill out for a bit. The last time we went together it was good, I think it was anyway." It was. It really was. "Okay... I guess, yeah."

He just pulls me along again, like he does every time. I wonder if he ever feels like he's babysitting me or something...

"Hey Dray?" I mumble. "What?"

"Do you ever... ever feel like you're babysitting me?"

"No! Of course not! Why would you even ask that?"

"I dunno... It's just... sometimes it seems like you take care of me or something." Stupid. Really bloody stupid. "

"Oh, Hare. You do so much more than you give yourself credit for." I almost laugh. "Like what?"

"You brought me to the Weasley's, you've accepted that you need help, for example. You're trying to get better. Hell, I'm a lot better because of you." He opens the new door in the wall and pulls me inside before closing it. "Table, couch, bed?"

"I don't care."

"Alright." Bed it is then. "I don't babysit you, Harry. I help you because I want to, and you help me too... And I sort of have a question, now that you brought up what to do after school ends..."

"Hmm?"

"Well... I know you have a house, but you talked about cleaning it out and selling it, so I was... I was wondering... if... well, maybe we could get a flat or a cottage or something somewhere?"

"Like that cottage on the beach you want?" That's what I want. I want to be with him, somewhere that isn't around the entire world. "Exactly. Something for us. Here, yeah we have the R.O.R., but everyone knows what our room looks like. Our dorm room isn't exactly a secret either..."

I'm so much better, so why do I feel like crying? Why do I feel like crying so much now when before I could barely feel anything at all? I think I liked it better when I could barely feel, rather then having all these emotions swirling around and me not knowing what the fuck to do with them.