Chapter 27

Harry

George left a while ago. Something happened at Hogwarts, and they won't tell me what. Something happened to Draco. It's already been a week, and they won't tell me.

"Harry!?" I hear someone yell from the stairs. "Remus!" I run down, and there he is, looking tired as ever. "Hey, pup."

"What happened. Tell me," I say. He shakes his head. "Straight to the point, as always. Harry, let's go up to your room." I run, getting there before he does, and sit criss-cross on the bed. He sits across me, in the armchair. "What happened."

"He... well, it's his spot to say, but he had a mental breakdown, sort of," he says. "And?! Is he okay?"

"Yes, he is 'okay', physically. Blaise Zabini asked to be a part of his life again, in a way, but Blaise knew Draco wasn't okay. Blaise went down for lunch, and Draco went back and forth with himself. That's all I can tell you, for now, but winter break just started, so he's out of school."

"Where?"

"Well, that's the thing, after George came, he invited-"

"You mean he's here? Is he here? Where?!" I ask rapid fire. "Hold it. He'll be here in a bit, he wanted to take a short walk around the back," he stops when we here a door downstairs open. "That should be him."

Two people are walking up the stairs, and then Draco's in the doorway, accompanied by George.

His arms.

"Oh, Draco, what did you do?" I say softly. He shrugs, and Remus stands. "You two can talk for a bit. We'll be downstairs." The two leave, and Draco takes Remus' spot after closing the door.

"Harry... Harry I'm sorry. I was so much better, I was almost okay again, and it's not your fault, but I convinced myself I was perfect because I wanted to help you. I'm sorry." I look at him. Why would he do that? Why would he do that to help me? He should have helped himself first!

Honestly, I probably would have done that, too.

"Please don't be mad."

He looks at me, like he expects me to hate him. "What can I do to help?" I ask. I won't abandon my own recovery. I'm so much better, and I can help him while helping myself.

"Don't leave your recovery, Harry, but honestly... honestly, half of the reason I wasn't okay was because I didn't have a family. Mum chose father, all my relatives are in prison, unless they're dead. But Remus, he said..."

"What?"

"He said I'm a part of your guys' family... it just made me so fucking happy, and it just helped, because that's what I've wanted for the longest fucking time. I'm sorry that I did this, because I don't want to anymore. I don't want to cut, I don't want to, but it's all I know how to do to make myself feel better," he says, fidgeting with his hands. I stand up and walk over to him, which is really just taking three steps.

"I haven't seen you in a week. Gimme a hug."

He jumps at me and we fall back on the bed. His hands are wrapped around my waist, tightly, and mine are wrapped around his back. 

"Lets get better together, Harry. Please?" he asks. "Of course."

*                              *                             *

"So?" George asks. He came up to get us for dinner a while ago, but then he and Draco started talking more and more. "We've agreed to help each other, but make sure that we don't abandon our own issues." George turns to look at me, and I nod. "That's good. Anyway, we should get going, or Mums gonna lose it."