Day Thirty

Love confession

"Jay come out, it'll be okay," Cole stands outside the bathroom attached to his and Jay's room.

"What if she says no?"

"Are you kidding?! She is clearly into you! It's a smile question, just ask her if she wants to hang out with you!"

"Okay! I'm coming."

Jay comes out of the bathroom and stalks off.

***
Jay sighs shakily, running a hand through his hair. He's out in a field which has a picnic rug set out. He taps his foot nervously as he waits for Nya to show up.

There's soft footsteps on the grass which makes Jay look up. Nya is walking towards him in a blue crop top and black ripped jeans and a pair of black combat boots. Jay blushes and smiles at her. She smiles back and sits down on the rug. Jay sits down next to her and they eat food.

"Thank you for organising this Jay."

"It's no problem Nya."

I need to tell her/him now.

"Can I tell you something?" They both say at the same time.

"Sorry, you go first," Nya says.

Jay nods and takes a breath. "Ever since I first met you, I knew we would get along. When we started to hang out more, I started to fall for you. Once I finally worked up the courage to ask hang out, I was so ecstatic when you said yes. The reason I asked you if you wanted to come was to tell you that...I love you."

Nya blushes and looks up at him. Jay squirms and looks down, not sure what Nya will say. What if she hates me? What if I've made everything awkward between us?

"I love you too."

"Wait really?!"

Nya giggles and nods. She shuffles closer and slowly leans in and kisses him. Jay kisses back.

Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed this oneshot. Hope you're all staying safe and well.