Day Thirteen

"At least this can't get any worse!"

Kai sighs, quietly walking into his little sisters room. She'd gone to bed at about eight pm and Kai was worried about her. It's so unusual for her to go to bed that early.

"Sis? You okay?" Kai slowly walks towards her bed and pulls the covers off of her.

Instead of a sixteen year old Nya, he's met with a terrified eighteen month old baby. Kai picks her up making her scream and cry loudly. Kai hushes her and bounces her gently. Nya seems to sense its Kai holding her and snuggles into his chest, crying. Kai calls the others and they come rushing in a moment later.

"What the hell happened?!" Jay yells.

Nya jumps and cries louder, not liking the noise of Jay's yelling. Kai rocks her gently.

"Shh, I'm sorry sweetheart. Shh I didn't mean to."

Jay gently takes her from Kai and rocks her until she falls asleep.

"That's it," Jay kisses her forehead. "Well, I don't think this can't get any worse."

"And you jinxed it. Good job Jay."

***
Nya, who is still an eighteen month old baby, wakes up, in a hospital crib. Nya looks around, trying to figure out where she is. Nya raises her arms into the air, desperate to be in Kai or Jay's arms. When she doesn't get picked up instantly, she starts to cry.

Jay, who was asleep, bolts up and runs to the cot. He picks her up, holds her to his chest and hushes her gently. Nya calms down and sucks on her thumb.

Kai comes in and spots Nya's tear stained face and sighs quietly.

"I told you, you jinxed it Jay."