Day Eighteen

Cole's terrible baking skills

Cole dumps the ingredients on the table with a thump. Cole pulls up a recipe on his phone and taps his fingers on the table, waiting for the oven to heat up.

"Never mind, I'll just leave it in there longer. It's fine."

Cole pulls out the weighing scales and a bowel. He measures out the ingredients. Cole plugs his earphones in and clicks play. He dumps all of the ingredients into the bowel. Cole breaks two eggs on the side of the bowel, getting some of the egg shells in the mixture. He grabs a spoon and mixes it as hard as he can.

"Alright, let's put this in here," Cole pours the mixture into a cake tin.

"Now it says to cook it for twenty minutes when the oven is one hundred and seventy degrees Celsius. Can I cook the cake for ten minutes when the oven is three hundred and forty degrees Celsius?"

Cole looks over at the oven. "Eh, it'll be fine."

Cole puts the temperature up before putting the cake in.

***
Twenty minutes later, Cole walks into the kitchen and takes the cake out of the oven.

Cole sighs when he sees that the cake is burnt. Seliel walks in and hugs him from behind.

"How 'bout we go and buy some cake?"

Yeah, I lost motivation...hope you're all staying safe and well.