Day Five

"Does anyone have a cough drop?"

Skylor sighs, opening the door to the monastery at ten thirty in the evening. She dumps her bag in the living room and coughs weakly. Great, thanks Debbie.

Debbie, one of Skylor's employees, is sick and still came into work. Skylor sinks into the sofa and coughs into her hand. Skylor lays down on the sofa and drifts off.

***
Kai walks into the living room, the following morning, to see his beautiful girlfriend asleep on the sofa. Kai sits next to her, takes her hand and strokes her hair gently. Skylor smiles in her sleep, comforted by Kai's touch. Kai smiles, leans down and kisses her forehead gently. Skylor shuffles and slowly opens her eyes. Kai smiles and strokes her hair again.

"Morning babe," Kai says, kissing her forehead.

"Mmh morning," Skylor sits up and coughs into her elbow.

"Oh are you sick?" Kai asks.

"I-I think so," Skylor murmurs, snuggling into Kai's chest.

"Okay, new plan for the day."

Kai and Skylor were meant to be going out for the day but because Skylor is now sick, Kai has thought of a new idea. Kai picks Skylor up, making her squeak in surprise and wrap her arms around his neck. Kai laughs and carries her upstairs and into their room. Kai places Skylor on the bed before laying down himself. Skylor cuddles into him and he pulls her on top of him.

"Kai."

"Hmm?"

"Can I have a cough drop?"

Sorry it's short. Hope you're all staying safe and well.