Day Three

Inspired by a song

Jay sighs shakily as he traces the outline of Nya's bracelet. It's been two days since Nya passed away. Kai had fallen into a deep depression and doesn't leave his room. Lloyd is sleeping in the living room, unable to sleep in the room he shared with Nya. Zane is staying up in the night, comforting Kai after his nightmares. Cole hasn't really left his room either.

I feel so numb
Staring at the shower wall

Kai's eyes fill with tears as he steps into the shower.

It's begun,
The feeling that the end has come

Kai thought of the previous day when he'd stood on the roof of the Bounty, extremely tempted to jump.

And now the water's cold

Kai sighs shakily and climbs out of the shower, gets dressed and goes downstairs.

I tried to eat today
But the lump in my throat got in the way

Kai slowly sinks to the floor, shaking and crying.

In this time I've lost all sense of pride
I've called a hundred times

Kai scrolls through his contacts until he finds sis ❤️. Kai sighs shakily and clicks call.

"Hey, if you need me, text me. Don't ring me again because I won't answer you."

If I hear your voice I'll be fine

And I, I can't come alive
I want the room to take me under
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?

Kai feels extremely guilty as he couldn't protect his little sister and he couldn't even say goodbye to her.

If you're not here to turn the lights off, I can't sleep

When Kai was younger, he hated the dark. Nya would always stay with him in his room.

These four walls and me

I lay in bed
Can't seem to leave your side

Jay's eyes fill with tears as he looks at the picture on his bedside table, while laying on his bed. Jay is giving Nya a piggyback and they're both laughing and joking around. Jay's tears soak the picture frame. He lifts it up to his face and kisses Nya's forehead.

"I miss you so much kitten."

Jay grabs Nya's pillow and places it over his face.

Your pillow's wet
From all these tears I've cried

Jay sobs hysterically into her pillow.

I won't say goodbye

I tried to smile today

The previous day, Jay had tried to smile in front of Lloyd, who was having a panic attack. It didn't work and Jay ended up in tears too.

Then I realized there's no point anyway

In this time I've lost all sense of pride

Jay grabs his phone and scrolls through, trying to find Nya's contact. He stops scrolling when he sees kitten 💙. He clicks it.

I've called a thousand times

"Hey, if you need me, text me. Don't ring me again because I won't answer you."

If I hear your voice I'll be fine

Jay starts to cry at the sound of Nya's voice.

And I, I can't come alive
I want the room to take me under
'Cause I can't help but wonder
What if I had one more night for goodbye?

"I-I wish we had o-one more d-day t-together. I-I love you so, so much."

If you're not here to turn the lights off I can't sleep
These four walls and me

Jay hugs Nya's tombstone.

"I miss you kitten."